• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello to the corn snake world

Ophion

I want to make a small introduction. My name is Shannon and I got my first young normal corn snake, Ophion (of course no idea is Ophion is male or female), 2 days ago. I have wanted a snake for years, but my boyfriend does not particularly care for them and it took some major convincing. (yet was the one jumping at the chance to put the new animal in its new home)

This is my first snake and first reptile at all. My life consist of 3 horses, a cat and a flying squirrel so taking care of something with scales make me more nervous and I am constantly stressing and checking without trying to bother. Overall I very excited though and cannot wait as Ophion progresses.

Hi there and welcome to the forum, post a pic of your snakie when you get a chance, we love pics. The scaley critter will be easier to take care of than the horses I should think.

Welcome to you and your new snake! You know, snakes are like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just one. ;) Just kidding!

Hello and welcome! I'm not new to snakes but am new to this forum. After looking around here, I'm gonna tell you that you came to the right place - there are plenty of knowledgable people here so, if you have any questions, this is the place to find answers.

Welcome to you and your new snake! You know, snakes are like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just one. ;) Just kidding!

No she's not (just kidding I mean)! Welcome to the addiction! I started with my first amel on March 5th and I'm already up to 6! Must stop at 10, must stop at 10...I swear! :dgrin:

I need to get a decent pic to post. All I have is something on my phone at the moment. When things are settled the camera is coming out.

Snakes are at least considerably cheaper than my horses, so far. This is just a whole new world for me.

It seems like all my animals are potato chips, but I think I am limited to one corn for now whether I like it or not. Of course I work with someone who has an adult female she has not had time for and was thinking about giving away. Either way I am absolutely thrilled to have Ophion.

Hi Shannon! Welcome to you and your unisex named Ophion. You'll learn SO much here. Just start by reading the 'stickies' at the top of each thread category you open. Hope that made sense.

Back