• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello

lisa127

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am a newbie, just found these forums today. Anyway, I'm married with two pre-teen daughters, a dog, 2 cats, a blue tongued skink, 2 leopard geckos, and 2 corn snakes. Great to find this site! :)

Hi and welcome...
just getting to grips with the site as well. i am 18 and have 20 odd snakes...lol too many.

any way hope you enjoy this site...

Hi lisa, Welcome to the forums.I recently joined myself. This is a great place for finding information, and everyone has alot of good advice. I have 2 daughters myself 13 and 12, 1 son 16 and another son 19 that just left for army boot camp a few days after christmas. I really miss him. Also have 3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 cornsakes and of course my husband. Did you get Kathy Love's book "The Corn Snake Manual" it has everything you need to know about corns. Anyway welcome to the forums! :wavey:

welcome to the forums...Enjoy your stay and I am sure that you will find that you are hooked and couldn't leave if you wanted too. Be sure to ask anything that you want to know, but also remember that there is a Search function and you might find answers faster using this. Looking forward to helping you out with your questions.

Thanks everyone, for the welcomes. :)

Dana,
Yes, I do have the Corn Snake Manual. I've had it for a few years now, it's great. What kind of dogs do you have? Dogs are my first passion, btw. My girls are real close like yours. Less than a year apart, actually. They are 10 and 11 right now. Anyway, nice to meet you. :)
Lisa

I currently own an Aieridale Terrier, but my passion as far as dogs are concerned are Pit Bulls.
I was raised with one and he was all that you could hope for from a dog.
I guess I am just pretty attracted to terriers
What kind of dogs do you have Lisa?

I love all dogs, from chihuahua's to Great Danes. But I guess I'd have to say my favorite is the German Shepard Dog. I'm a good old mutt lover, though. Shepard mixes being my favorite, of course. My own dog is a 3 year old shepard/mini pinscher mix. She is in my avatar, though very hard to see because it is too small. She's my babydoll. :)

I don't know if it's ok or not to share pics here, so please let me know if it's not. Thanks.

Anyway, here's a pic of me and my dog, Cocoa. :)

004_NR.jpg

I have 1 pit/shepard and 2 ckc cocker spaniels. I have bred those 3 times and had some beautiful puppies. I sold all those. But that will be it on puppies for awhile. Might try corns just once, and give them away to friends, but don't want to do it regularly. I'll leave that to the professionals. I remember when my female had puppies, I was a nervous wreck and the most she had in a litter was 4. I don't think I could handle 8 to 15 (or more) at once. haha.I think it would make me :crazy02: crazy.

He is so cute. I need to get a new camera to post some pics of mine whole brood. There are so many of them it would take up alot of space. haha

Dana,
That is just taken with one of those one time use regular disposable cameras. When I get the film developed, I ask them to put it on cd. Anyway, that's why I didn't post the cats or reptiles, just the dog. I didn't want to take up the whole board.....lol.
Lisa

Well I guess I'll try one of those. the digital camera I have right now is a Walmart special, 2 years old and the pictures are not really sharp. I'm try to save to get a nicer one. Hopefully I will be able to post pics by this weekend.

I've never had a digital camera. I'm one of those old fashioned type people....lol. It's amazing I even have a computer and use it! But as you can see, my pics are blurry. Not the best but it will have to do.

Great Danes are beautiful, I'll agree with you there. Also, from experience working at shelters i'd have to say that mixes are just as charming if not more so then purebreeds.
your dog looks sweet!
here's a picture of my dog, Joey
(he's a large terrier, even for an airedale)

Attachments

• joeysm.JPG
    joeysm.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 18
Back