• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello!

Quick Strike

Future Snake Owner
Hello, I just joined last night. As you can see I don't have a pretty avatar like everyone else but theres a reason for that, its because I don't own a snake yet. I looked around and decided to join so I can learn everything I need to know before I purchase my snake. Well thats all I have to say at the moment.

-Quick Strike

Hi! I know how exciting it is when your about to get your first, because I got mine yesterday :) Just hang around here for a while and you'll soon know all you need to to get one.

Enjoy the site, and good luck with your animal when you get it!

I don't know of any off hand, maybe these guys can help you out:

MI Herp Society

Make sure you look through all the FAQ's here, there is a wealth of knowledge here, someone usually posts a ton of links to them.

What part of Michigan are you in by the way ? I was stationed near Mt. Clemens in the late '80's when I was in the Air Force...we get back up there once in a while.

I don't see why there would be a problem with it, but who knows these days. I remember ferrets were illegal when I lived there.

Welcome to the site!!!!!!!! There is a lot of information here. Be sure to read the FAQ section in the forums. They answer a lot of questions.
There are a lot of great people here. Everybody is always willing to help.

i know what you mean, better to learn from others mistakes than suffer from your own! I'm getting mine next Saturday, and i cant wait!!!

Hiya Quick Strike!

It's good to see someone doing their research before doing the purchasing...you'll make a fine owner! :)

Beast wishes
Louise

Hey, finally - another michigander! No laws against cornsnake, i breed them. the Michigan Society of Herpetologists (MSH) and Eric Tobin (President of it) are great to deal with. I'm a junior member. It's great your researching BEFORE you buy a snake. Hope to see you around. ... John

Thanks everyone! I was just checking because I read a post about not being able to own anything other than a certain color corn in New Jersy. Its good to see someone my age, I'm 14 btw (when I join a forum I always hide my age to see how the younger members are treated) What part of michigan? I plan to get my snake a bit after Christmas so #1 I can get my supplies for free (as gifts) and so I can learn as much as I can.

Back