• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello!

Azazel

Hi guys, my name is Firdaus. I was a boid keeper for 8-9 years before becoming a gecko (leopards, afts & knobs) keeper/breeder about a year ago. I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It has been exactly a year from my gecko venture. Now, I am expanding my collections and efforts back into snakes. I am very interested with corns though due to their myriads of colors/patterns. Not to mention the countless of projects available for me to experience. So here I am in the forum to learn new things about this wonderful species because I know this is the right place to be.

So far I love the look on candy cane (the white + red ones), reverse okeetee, fire, bubblegum stripe, champagne, peppermint, orchid, pied, hurricane motley and some other cool combos that I still do not know their names yet (eg. anery+diffuse+lava from low belly reptiles). One thing for sure, I will be hunting for them soon to add into my collection :)

At the moment I only have a few of them (to familiarize myself with snakes again) and this is one of my corns:

femalepearlcorn.jpg

It's a Pearl (hybrid) from McGrath Reptiles.

She is quite huge. Hope she will produce cool looking babies for me in the future.

By the way, I am still learning on corn's genetics. I got one question so far i.e. are all corn morphs recessive?

Thanks
:)

Hi there and welcome :D Be careful, corns are addicting! lol but they are a healthy addiction.

Hello & welcome! Almost all corn genes are recessive, there are a few that are co-dominant like Ultra/Amel & Motley/Stripe. If you haven't already found a good one, here's a corn genetic calculator,
http://www.corncalc.com/
It has a good breakdown of what genes go into the trade names as well under "My cornsnake isn't here, what do I do?" that is very helpful. Enjoy you new addiction! It's great to have you on the forums!

Tawfik47: Thanks :)

Tavia: Hey the link is great! Thank you so much Tavia. I really appreciate it. :)

no title for today heehee

anyhow :licklips: i'm Danel and i'm from south africa.
I bought a corn snake last year in June and she's turning 3years old this year.
I just want to know how big will she get, because she's not that big at all?
I think she's about 1.5meters already

well thanks =)
she is a female and she's turning 3 years old this year
all this is still new to learn , a bit confusing haha but will catch up.
what snake do you have ?

Back