• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HELP ASAP

robbie when you rub it or hold it wat i mean is when clyde is runing thru your hand his skin is silky anf fine when i get tofeel the skin area were the skin seem to have came away feels sticky and its like the skin lost more orange bits of hes colour i hope this helps you

I really have no idea what to tell you about that. From what you're describing, it almost sounds like the first layer or so of the scale came off (with the pigment), and all that's left is a type of skin. I've never personally experienced anything like that, but I would put him on paper towels as a substrate for a while to help prevent a possible infection.

Without better pics it is hard to tell, but two things come to mind

1. Blister disease related to improper husbandry see attached link
http://www.reptileexpert.co.uk/BlisterDisease.html

2. Some one else here will have to help me out with this one, I am still fairly new to the hobby and I remember reading here somewhere, that those blisters which then take out the skin pigmentation can be related to a genetic issue and if I remember correclty I think it often kills the snake.

First I would carefully check your husbandry and the link I posted above, make sure your viv is clean, fresh, has the right substrate, and temps. Then get to taking care of the blister wound so as to prevent any infection.

There are lots of people here who know far more than I do and can help you out so much, you have definitely come to the right place!!

First off, I thought you had to be a contributing member to post pics?

As for the skin shedding off...may have been assisted too early. It is kind of like a sunburn in comparison. If you peel your sunburn too soon, the new skin underneath is wet and redder. You or the snake may have started the shedding process too early. Clyde will probably go into another shed soon to fix himself.

Hopefully there is nothing wrong but like Robbie said, your pictures are blurry. As for piebaldism or calico, those are not a bad thing. Using an antibioic cream will help as well.

hi robbie here are some better photos i hope
picture.php

pj thanks for your help and robbie and everyone else...pj,s ansewr sound more like what i was thinking myself it is not a blister or a burn i think i helped shed it to soon..

Do you mean tinfoil for a water bowl? I am pretty sure metals are not good for a snake to be drinking out of so I would get a real water bowl for now, remove the aspen and use papertowels as substrate, apply some neosporin 1-2 times a day, don't pick at it at all, check your temps on the warm side, and clean your hides well. I don't know what that is or what your set up is like maybe you could post a pick of your tank.

i have clean out the viv now and put tissus paper down and fresh water bowl i will check him out tomorrow and buy cream for him cheers for everybodys help today honestly thank guys and girls...
jason ...oh ya bonny and clyde are our two corn snakes i think yous already knew that didnt you,s...

I really dont know what that is, listen to some of the other members who have already posted above...

Why would you not want piebald or calico?? Piebald (or generally piesided in cornsnakes) can boost prices and value of the snake ski high. And it has been proven recessive. Calico corns haven't been on the market very long so people don't know much about them. But I would love to have a pie sided/ pie bald!!

hi guys
thanks alot for your help brought clyde to vet and he check him out it seems i helped it shed to soon his skin seems to of peeled to much put everything should be ok after a few sheds.he put some reptile cream on him we cleaned out his tank again and put paper towels to keep it clean we also got rid of the bark for aspin bedding and use bottled or filtered water..so once again thank you all and keep up the good work..
jason dublin ( oh ya thanks guys!!clyde...ha ha)

Back