• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help help help

jasons corn

my 2 corns...i had them go up to fuzzies and now either this is poop or regurge..i never saw it when they were on pinks....and it isnt black....im afraid its regurged....what do i do...if it is??? can someone post what a regurge looks like...this didnt look like a mouse....but not like poop....its odd.....

I don't see a picture, but if it helps any, I've heard that you would know if it is a regurge just by the smell :sidestep: How long after you fed them did you find the excreted stuff?

Well, first off, if its a regurge it will STINK like no other. You may try doing a search for pictures of a regurge, I seem to remember someone posting one of a regurged pink a few months back...maybe 5 or 6 months ago.

Anyway, don't get too stressed out if it is a regurge, it shouldn't be too bad to fix. Rule number one is wait at least ten days before trying to feed him again (this allows the helpful digestive bacteria in his gut to rebound back up to normal numbers). Then you want to start back on the normal feeding scedule with a smaller meal. If you use frozen thawed pinks then maybe just try a pinky head for the next two feedings, and then the two feedings after that just feed the two left-over bodies. Then try a full pink, and hopefully he will be back up to speed again.

I'll tell you right up front that I've never dealt first hand with a regurge from a snake small enough to eat pinks, but I know a lot of people on the forum have had success with this method, and hopefully you will too! Good luck!:)

Katie

Hmmm...four days seems a little bit long for it to be a regurge. I'd bet its just abnormal looking poop. Can you post a picture?

no smell...so sorry bout the terrible pix.....it just dont come in clear ......but this is what i could get

Attachments

• DSC01348.JPG
    DSC01348.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC01346.JPG
    DSC01346.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC01347.JPG
    DSC01347.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01350.JPG
    DSC01350.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 114
I can't tell at all from your picture, but keep in mind that when you change what they are eating, they will change the look of their poop. I freaked when I moved Chester to fuzzies because he suddenly seemed to poop fur. Turns out that's normal. There are just some things that don't get digested well. If it doesn't smell, then I highly doubt that it's a regurge.

I'm with daisy, the first couple of poops will look differant because the fur goes straight through them, this should revert back to normal once the body has adjusted to the new bigger "fured" mice.

From what i can tell of the pix, it's not normal poop, but it's not a regurge eather, it's the switching poop of a snake going onto something they haven't had before, so i would recommend feeding every 5 days for both snakes for now on, just to give them time to get used to the switch and allow their stomach's to reset itself to the fur lined rodent.

You know what i mean, even if it sounded wrong.

Hard to see in those pictures, but that looks like a defecation with some undigested parts of the fuzzy in it. It's not uncommon when moving up in size for them to not quite be able to handle digesting the fuzzy. It has much thicker skin than a pinky. Also, of course, be sure your temps aren't too low, which would slow down digestion. A couple suggestions - 1 - move back down to a smaller fuzzy for a couple feedings, 2 - if it's prekilled, you can make a couple slits through the skin over the back to help your snake digest the fuzzy quicker. It allows instant access of the digestive juices to the nutrients under the skin barrier.

A 4 day old regurge would stink to high heaven, so I'm betting it's just a partially digested poop.

I agree as well...

Regurges smell ENTIRELY FOUL!!!! :puke01:

Hurley's suggestion to cut the skin is right on the money...

I cut ALL my prey items for every snake I own eating F/T or Prekilled, regardless of the prey size...it definitely aids and eases digestion and allows for a more complete digestion of the prey.

I agree too. I had the same problem when switching my corn from pinks to fuzz. The first couple may come out weird looking. With the undigested parts though, a little increase in the temperature should help it. You guys don't know what a BAD regurge smells like unless you've smelt an almost week old small rat regurge from a python smells like. THAT IS UNHOLY and the smell WILL knock you out. Man, that's the last time I'll let a freakin' anybody watch a pet for a month.

Back