• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HELP-i dont know what corn to buy

Poison_girl

i am new to this site and probabaly the youngest, i have been considering buying a corn snake for a while now, but am very short on money.
I am only 13 and i t will be a big responsibility i know but i cant explain how much i want one, if i have visited the shop once i must have visited it a million times and i have o choice and obviously all of you have Corns so i was wondering if you could help?
I could either buy a baby corn only a few months old for £77 or a 18month old that will cost £145 about.
I don't have that sort of money but i have held the 18 mont alot of time and have fallen in love with it, it will take me along time to get so much money and i want to know what to do as you all obviously know what your talking about.
thanks Louise

The 18 month old will likely be a better choice for a beginner, and will be more forgiving if you make mistakes in care. Beyond that, older snakes are (usually) calmer snakes, and generally don't have feeding issues, whereas hatchlings may or may not present a problem in reguards to eating.

I would go with the 18 month old, if I were you.

-Kat

try ringing my local shop Jungle Phase 01708 854401 they have some nice ones hatchling ghost motleys for £65 candy canes £45 and they deliver snakes and equipment. there's also www.hawgnherp.co.uk and www.ecorep.co.uk - phil's great with his stock or www.gillworthreptiles.co.uk they're meant to be pretty good. have a look for a rpetile shop A-Z there's one somewhere if oyu search Reptile Shops In The UK on google.

Rachel

Last edited:
Yeah, thats very expencive.

Try and have look around for a snake, look is the friday add or Loot or have a look on the internet. There wil be hundreds. The 18month one soulds best:)

Thanks

Alex

go for it

~wow those prices are high. i understand the 'need' to finally get a snake of your own - i hope you save up the money and good luck with finding your corn.

-lina

It is only £70 for the snake and £15 for the heater pad and about £60 for the vivarium altogether it is way to much for me but i will save and get the 18month thanks. I know i really do need to get the little angel soon.

Louise

The whole setup u need is:

Hatchling (u can get em for £15)
Small Contico Box £10
Heat Mat £15
Thermostat (VITAL) £30
Hide (basic hollow log)£3
Water bowl (anything) £1.25
and u can use shredded newspaper as a bedding, look at other shops for snakes.

but that comes to £74.25

Ring shops you can't reach they may have better ones for cheaper prices

Rachel

Not to put a downer on things but if you can't afford £100 odd pounds for the snake have you thought about how much it will cost you for food, vets bills, substrate (unless you use paper of course ;) ) and of course the next corn which you will inevitably want (it's a disease, honest!!)

I don't mean to mean, but you should really think about this. It is a big step, and if you can't afford to keep it properly then it's not really being fair on the snake.

Saying that, if you have thought all this through and can afford it etc etc, I would go for the older snake. As people said before, they are generally more forgiving of minor mistakes and are alot calmer (and not as good escapologists ;) )

I have got one :D:D:D today i got a 2 month old Amel Motly (i think lol ) it is so cute and he/she has settled in really well, he is friendly thanks for your help, the 18 month old was sold a few days previously.
Louise

absolutly, i can sit and watch him for ages, i've only held him once as i want him to get used to his new home but i think he looks happy,(dont ask why i call him/her him)

Wow, that is a lot for a corn snake! I live in sheffield, my amel corn snake was £22 at 4 months old. I think there were normals for £18!

Back