• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help, I have some non-feeders!!!

gertrude

Hi,

I recently purchased a baby corn which is approx 1 month old. I fed him a pinky the day after and with a lot of reluctance he ate it eventually (I left it in over night). He has not eaten since and I am a little concerned.

I have never had one the has refused to eat before, he is not even slightly interested. I have tried soaking it in chicken stock and braining it but neither have worked. What is strange is he has fed once. What else can I try?

To make matters worse my yearling has stopped feeding too. I have 6 snakes now in total, 4 of them are corns and 1 of them is a royal which I purchased at the same time as the baby corn. Could it be that my yearling doesn't like the fact I have some new additions? It's the only thing I can think of, although she has always been ok in the past when I have purchased new additions. Nothing else about her behavior has changed.

I am more worried about the baby has my yearling is fit an healthy and it has only been 2 weeks since she last fed.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carly

We tried feeding dark side (our baby corn) again last night and still no luck. We brained it and put the pinky in his hide over night. When we went to it this morning he was just cuddling it.

We are taking him back to the shop today because I just don't know what to do. I am hoping that they can get him to feed for us.

This is what I would do. Get a deli cup or other small container the size of a margerine tub. With air holes. Heat up the pink to VERY hot, 102F. Cut a few slits in the pink's back. At dusk, put the snake in the deli, cover it up, and don't peek for an hour. If he hasn't eaten, reheat the pink and put the whole thing, covered, in the viv overnight. You want to keep him contained in a small area with the pink, not put him in a big area where he can wander off and forget about it.

wtf does that have to do with snakes?

If you dont understand that, you need not comment.....

Check for mites, I had a yearling go off the feed with mites before. Also are you co-habbing them. If so seperate them. They maybe stressing each other out. Check your temps, I know I have had failures in my heating before which has caused similar issues. When you feed him, or try to next time, place him in a small container witth the meal. force him to be right next to it. this has helped me before.

Sorry ITs not my fault

a user made some advert about dresses and he got banned , then the post was removed, i commented on him LOL not about the post

This is what I would do. Get a deli cup or other small container the size of a margerine tub. With air holes. Heat up the pink to VERY hot, 102F. Cut a few slits in the pink's back. At dusk, put the snake in the deli, cover it up, and don't peek for an hour. If he hasn't eaten, reheat the pink and put the whole thing, covered, in the viv overnight. You want to keep him contained in a small area with the pink, not put him in a big area where he can wander off and forget about it.

Nancy..you seem to know your stuff! I have a similiar problem but my little hope wills till not eat. I put her in with a pinky soaked in tuna juice but that didnt work. Then yesterday I tried a live pinky. She cuddled it. How often should I try to feed her? I am so scared she is going to die :(

Hi all thank you for your advice. The day after I posted the thread My partner took the baby corn back to the shop for some advice, they suggested that we swap him for one of his brothers as it may have been that he didn't like being kept alone. It wasn't something I wanted to do but we have been away on holiday and I think if he hadn't have feed for another week, he would have died. His brother (darkside 2) is feeding well which is a relief.

As for my yearling, before we went away she did feed and very enthusiastically as well. As you can imagine this was a huge relief. We came back to find her in blue so when she has shed I will try feeding her again. I think she may have just had an 'off' couple of weeks.

I'd say their advice was totally off, as co-habbing is far more likely to lead to feeding problems! But I'm glad you've got a good feeder in return, there's nothing quite like the heartbreak of having a non-feeder.

Back