• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HELP I live in the TROPICS!!!

adriel

HI all....greeting....i'm a newbie to this and i plan to own a cornsnake.

i have been reading a lot abt heating and such.....however i live in the tropics and trust me...heat or rather a lack of it is never a problem here. i sleep with the aircondition on and my clock thermormeter reads 27oC/80.6F!!!!

The normal temperature in the day time is abt 31-32oC/86-89.6F.
Is this tooo hot for my corn snakes???if so how do i further reduce the temperature.....

sures and hope u guys can help......

snakes rocks!!!!

i

Honestly think you'll be fine if you make sure each day he/she has cold water available in the water dish. They can use this to help them cool off.

It might be more work but if you change it each morning and replace with quite cold water I think the corn willl do alright.

It must be nice not to have too supplement heat!!!!

bmm

welll not too sure if its nice or not ....cos the heat can drive u mad at times......not to mention the poor little chap in the tank.....

thanks for ya advice tho....

cheers

yep

I know what you mean about heat not being so good at times as well! :)

On the hottest of days, you could also wet a towel and wrap it around the sides of his tank...this way he can lean up against the cool glass to help him as well as the cool water.

:) He will be fine!

bmm

Yah just like Bmm said, keep fresh water always. Nice call with the wet papertowels Bmm... That's a great idea!

Back