• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help identifying this morph

lnvexotics

i was told it was a bloodred but ive also been told bloodreds dont have a chequer belly pattern and he has....help im not that well up on corn morphs.

2b274e98.jpg

a5945772.jpg

Welcome. :)

You're right; a bloodred would not have belly checkers. Looks like a normal/classic/common/wild-type to me. Nice snake.

i thought a normal corn looked somthing like
DSCF0863.JPG

i know corns are highly variable but it looks nothing like the one above.

When I saw your add on livefood, I was going to contact you to say it was not a blood. But then I didnt want to burst any bubbles.

But as other members have said, it is indeed a normal corn. You may want to consider changing your future adds :)

I totally agree.. Normals can vary so much.. All of these pictures are of normal corns..

basalt7-18-06.jpg

granite7-18-06.jpg

hope7-18-06.jpg

kyanite8-29-06.jpg

topaz7-18-06.jpg

Wolfie8-10-06.jpg

Regards... Tim of T and J

Any chance you could take some pics from the side, and maybe even some belly pics? Your snake looks like it has some diffusion going on, along the sides. It may not be a bloodred, but it could be a normal het. bloodred...

A clear hear shot would help as well,but its not Homo.for blood red.Thats for sure.It is however a very nice looking normal.

While a normal, it is a very nice normal. It is not a wild-type normal, though. There are definitely some breeding project genes happening there.

Looks a lot like my normal.

Here's some pics of mine
He's a normal,but hasnt been proven het for anything....yet..

MILLER13.jpg

MILLER12.jpg

MILLER07.jpg

OKEETEEMALE02.jpg

OKEETEEMALE01.jpg

Looks pretty much the same IMHO...

Shaky said:
While a normal, it is a very nice normal. It is not a wild-type normal, though. There are definitely some breeding project genes happening there.
I'm curious as to how you make this determination. I've seen wild caughts that looked nearly identical to this snake. What project genes are you seeing definitive evidence for? :shrugs:

Well, in Europe there seem to be quite a lot of breeders/sellers who do not understand the concept behind bloodreds. If they have two snakes and one is redder than the other, they will call the one a bloodred. You'll especially see this with motleys and stripes. It seems like most motleys and stripes over there are labeled as "bloodred" even though they have nothing to do with the diffusion gene and don't have any known bloodred ancestors.

The "proper" definition of a bloodred is a snake that is homozygous for diffusion and is also selectively bred for near patternlessness and lots of red. Some do not include the selective breeding in the equation and use "bloodred" with anything that is homozygous for diffusion. I guess there are some who also use the term for hets, but I don't think that is very common.

Anyway, in almost all versions, the diffusion gene (which is what wipes out the belly checkers) is necessary. So, if your snake has belly checkers, it's not a bloodred.

I agree Serp!

I have seen all too many "reddish" normal corns being marketed here as Bloods or Rosys...When they bear no resemblance to true bloods at all! :shrugs: Fortunately I didn't buy any of said creatures... (pretty as they were) I would've been HIGHLY annoyed if someone sold me something and it wasn't what they said it was...

Roy Munson said:
I'm curious as to how you make this determination. I've seen wild caughts that looked nearly identical to this snake. What project genes are you seeing definitive evidence for? :shrugs:

I was referring to the almost total lack of dark dorsal striping and the intensity of color. Very few WC (that i've seen) are devoid of some darker, more muddied areas. This snake looks like its lacking much side-blotching, too, which I have never seen happen in WCs. I guess the whole 'look' gives me a CB feeling.

Howdy Folks!
Since he's in the UK, wouldn't it generally have to be a CB, not a WC? Just a thought.
BTW nice normal.

kimbyra said:
Howdy Folks!
Since he's in the UK, wouldn't it generally have to be a CB, not a WC? Just a thought.
BTW nice normal.
That part of the discussion had to do with the term "wild type". It appears that some (like Shaky) would use the look of wild caughts as the defining criterion for use of the term "wild type". Others (like me) consider any phenotypical normal to be "wild type". :)

lnvexotics said:
i was told it was a bloodred but ive also been told bloodreds dont have a chequer belly pattern and he has....help im not that well up on corn morphs.[/IMG]

With the scarcity of black, I would have said hypo.

Back