• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help in UK

lolli

Lauryn
would be very interested to know where anyone gets their frozen pinkies from in the UK? having a lot of difficulty finding a supplier and don't have the means breed mice

Hi Lolli.

I'm in Glastonbury in SW England. I'm an experienced fish keeper but new to reptiles. I was in a pets and aquatic "super store" near me last weekend. They only did reptiles, amphibians and fish and had a whole range of reptile equipment and livestock, including frozen food.

Do you have something like that near you?

It took me a while on google to find it, but it's what you need if you can find one.

Failing that I could post you some! :eek1:

can't seem to find anything close enough. i did find a couple of internet sites which i could order from but was off-put by the fact that the smallest number i can find for sale is 100 pinkies and i think with only one hatchling i'd struggle to use that many before i need to up the food size

until you have the need for a large number then you will be better off paying shop prices.
i can get them for as little as 8p each if i got enough, but to have them delivered would cost you 17/18£ from the person, so that would make it expensive.

thanks! i'm about an hour away from glasgow which is not as close as i'd have liked but i think that place will be my best bet. thanks again :dancer:

Where about are you. If you give us an actual place we are more likely to be able to help you. I am in the Scottish Borders and there is a shop in Galashiels but I can't imajine that being closer to you. Also I don't think that frozen mice will survive a hour long car drive. Try contacting some of the places supplying frozen mice and ask if they can supply smaller quanties. Where are you planning on getting your snake from?

if its packed correctly there willbe no problem. i used to deliver and it took me 3/4 hours. all sized mice were still totally solid on delivery.

Where exactly are you?

I know of places in Edinburgh, Bathgate, Glasgow and a place near Wishaw.

If you pack them in newspaper and transport them in a coolbox (maybe even with an ice pack or two) they should survive a pretty long car journey.

I'm from Dumfriesshire. The snake is coming from Carlisle, just across the border but they don't seem to stock frozen mice. Looked at livefoods but it looks like they will only deliver in large quantities and the postage was quite alot. :shrugs:

Cleland Aguatic Centre (Sunnyside Nursery)
51 Wishaw High Road
Cleland
Tel: 01698 861845

I think thats the place near Wishaw that should do them. Not sure that it's really any closer than Glasgow itself but thought I'd post it up anyway. :)

Back