• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help me chose a milksnake.

eddiehm

Kindergarden Graduate
Hello, i know this is a cornsnake forum, but i know you guys got a vast info on snakes, so here goes...

here's my question. A friend is selling a couple of Milksnakes.

American Pueblan Milksnake.
AmericanPueblanMilksnake.jpg

American Apricot Milksnake.
AmericanApricotMilksnake.jpg

which one should i get? i like the Apricot one because of the white/light green color as my friend explain. But after searching.. i think he wrongly name the snake type. The one with the yellow band(top pic), is the apricot, a rare one. and the pueblan is the white/light green one, which is a normal one. Am i correct? :shrugs:

Pls help..

Yep, this is a corn snake forum. Questions or discussions about non-corns belong in the "General Chit-Chat" sub-forum. I'll move this thread there. :)

The admin of this site has requested that members' signature areas be limited to four lines, and blank lines count. Please fix your signature area when you get a chance. Thanks.

Hmm.. maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they both look like pueblans. And I would even say that the apricot looks like the first one. *edit* I now see that you were already suspecting that..

At any rate I would go with that first pictured snake there. Love the colors. I've got a hypo pueblan, you can see pics of her in my thread "Non-corns Spooky"
Anyway good luck! They are jumpy little creatures but I wouldn't give mine up for anything.

I can't decide- they are both beautiful. I would handle them and see which is the calmest. Agree with Tom's ID, too.

Nanci

I agree with Nanci, although they are both beautiful, you don't want a snake that you can't/don't want to handle. Ask your friend if you can handle them.

Tell us how it goes and hopefully you can make a decision from there!

All the best

David

eddiehm said:
But after searching.. i think he wrongly name the snake type. The one with the yellow band(top pic), is the apricot, a rare one. and the pueblan is the white/light green one, which is a normal one. Am i correct? :shrugs:

Pls help..
Yes you are correct, the snake in the second pic is the normal Pueblan and the one I would pick. Very nice even banding on that one :cool:

I think they are both beautiful! I'm certainly going to get a pueblan milk in the near future.
I want the high contrast between the black/red/yellow, unfortunately I dont think I will be able to find it. If I were you I would go for the apricot so the stripes lean towards orange rather than white.
:cheers:

I personally like the first one... the coloring is much more to my taste. But I would handle both and see which one you like better! :)

thanks for all the input. but im not familiar by whay you guys think of handling it? handle as in see how it glides between my fingers. aggressiveness?

or what do you think of this snow corn?
albinosnowcorn01.jpg

should i get this instead of the milksnake?? but i have a snowcorn already.. ;p

love that color. but i have limited choices.. oh, and pls cover up that cut/scratch.. ;)

See how wild they are when you are holding them. My milksnake, Inez, whips around and spews musk everywhere and won't hang on to me at all- she'd rather fly off into mid air. That's ok if you have lots of other snakes to play with, but if you only have a couple, it gets kind of old. They say milksnakes grow out of being so flighty at about two or three years of age, and Inez is only one year old. She went a whole year without coming out, but now I see her out every couple days or so, so that's an improvement.

Nanci

i chose the Pueblan Milksnake

here he is..
2-days after his feeding. (12-Oct-07)
DSC04984.jpg

DSC04963.jpg

He's a shy eater. wont strike when i place a pinky in front of him. instead i have to place the pinky in an empty dish overnight, and by morning the pinky is gonna.. Hope'll he'll grow big like my reverse okeetee.

Aww congratulations mate, what a beautiful snake! Keep us posted on her development.

How is she to handle?

My Nelson's milksnake is shy, too. I always cover her feeding bin. She eats fast, though.

Excellent choice!

Nanci

Back