• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help on heating please

ricki1664

not had my corn long this will be the first winter with him up untill now all ive been using is the lamp to heat the viv up its worked a treat but coz it is now getting cold it dosent seem to be man enough for the job so i got a heat mat ( half size of viv) which i am going to use but will i need to use the lamp still to simulate night and day for my snake the room which i keep me snake has alot of day light come in so i think will be fine with out it but i would like some more opioins thank u.....;)

If your snake keep on eating through the winter with out any xtra light just use the heat pad (and a thermostat set at 28c).

if it is a heat pad made for reptiles, like a zoo-med or repti-therm, you probably will not need a thermostat.:)

I don't know about repti-therm, but ultra-therm which is one of the most used mats in the uk say in there advertising that they heat up 20-25 degrees above ambiant temp.
If your room temp. is 75f then the mat temp. should be about 95f-100f, that is a bit warm for a corn I always thought. so I say better be safe than sorry.

Rikki1664 I live not far from you I could always show you that there is a difference in temp. with or without a thermostat by showing you my set ups.

i havent got a very warm house anyway im in rented accomadation and the scum landlord hasnt fitted double glazing yet but the viv reads 74 -72 on the cold side havent got a therm on the warm side yet but i should think its about another 5-10 higher than the cold side... i dont actully leave in norwich i just put that coz everybodys heard of it im nearer to sheringham if uve heard of that... how far you from there... are you on the same side as norwich as me.....

ricki...

Hey Ricki

I have a heatmat on 24hours day. And a 100w heat bulb on a termostat. You should get a thermomitor to go on the inside of your viv.

Cheers

Alex

Back