• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help PLEASE!!!

sinlesstwigs

Hey everyone, I hope someone can give me some insight, I think im just worrying but who knows, So on february 4th of this year, I lost my candy cane cornsnake:( He got out, searched up and down and couldn't find him. Cleaning today, we found him! and he's a live!! Still has a good thinkness to him, look's like he has been eating, But now he wont eat... Won't even look at the food.

Normally in the winters we have a lot of mice that get into the house, But this year we didn't have any, so I am wondering if maybe he had been eating live mice all winter? I need some insight, I know feeding live is bad, But he wont even look at FT, should I go down to my lps and buy a live feeder and see if he will go for it?

Thanks!!

I feed live but I'm gonna say No. Don't rush out and buy live mice. F/T is safer and in some ways easier. I'd wait a few days and try again, maybe up to a week. He could have just eaten recently and not be hungry yet. I'm sure he wont die from waiting a few days. It could also be that you just found him and put him back in a cage and he is getting use to it again and may be stressed out. Hope that helps

Yeah I'd just keep trying. It's also still breeding season, since he's a male he might be in the "trying to find a mate" mode. Glad you found him.

Back