• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help please

breeze56

My corn snake is 7 month old and started eating small mice a couple of weeks ago. fed he/she on sunday and today noticed what looks like the body and tail of mouse, but really squashed as if everything else has been digested and the rest discarded. is this a regurge or is this normal after feeding larger mice. did not notice anything with last feed. he/she seems fine within himself, is moving about as normal and does not seem stressed out. any help would be appreciated. thanks :cheers:

you fed it on sunday and today is what ....wednesday, thats past the usual two/three days or so it takes to digest normally, which wouldn't indicate a regurge, but on the other hand if what you found had any bone structure left undigested then i would say it was a regurge. A way to tell is by giving it a good sniff (urgh!) and then if its smells like poo... (nothing more to say) but if it just smells amazingly ming then its more likely a regurge.

there was no bone structure, and it did smell like poo, so i take it,it wasnt a regurge. thank u both for your help as i wasnt sure. :cheers:

I learned here that they can regurge up to five days.

Maizey, who has a recent history of regurges, left a weird thing in her cage two days after a meal. A normal poo, and a very flat bunch of hair with kind of a pink slimy coating. I was thinking regurge- it didn't smell like poo- but then where'd the poo come from? I'm taking both items to the vet with her today...It didn't have the horrible regurge smell, though. Some side effect of deworming?

Yours sounds like a poo, though. I can tell without even seeing it when there's been a regurge, by the smell.

Nanci

If you aren't sure, it wouldn't hurt to err on the side of caution and wait 10 days to feed again and feed a smaller item .

Back