• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help - Strange Colouring on my Snakes Belly

lfese1

Hi There

I have recently purchased a corn snake (Hatchling) and have had trouble feeding him (2 weeks with no luck)

I have tried the usual tricks, braining, small tub ect...

When all this failed I went back to the shop to get further advice, at the same time I advised the shop owner that my corn has a small greeny/blue area in its stomach and asked what this was. He wasn't sure. However, a young lad in the shop advised that his last snake had the same and died.

Does anyone know what this is? Is it preventing the snake from feeding? and more importantly, can I do anything about it?

Thanks

Lee

Sorry, can I add that the colouring looks like an object in the snakes stomach, a friend who keeps lizards has suggested undigested food or even a parasite.

It is a about 0.5cm long. The shop keeper claims he was a good feeded prior top purchase.

So, is there a lump or something where the colouring is?? I'll try and have a think and look through my books to see if I can help out at all :)

no lump, just a greeny/blue patch under the skin.

Thanks again.

hopefully some photo's will help.

It's most probably the snake's gall bladder visible through it's skin. After death, the contents leak and become more visible, so this may have no bearing on your snake's current problems. There is a very good feeding problem faq you should read. If your set up and temperatures are all good, relax. " weeks is not a long time for a healthy hatchling. Handling and trying to feed to often can stress the snake out and prevent it feeding, so try 5 day intervals between attempts.

Thanks Diamond, the snake seems pretty content and quite lively.

I think I have probably been trying to much, have been trying pretty much every other day. Will leave a for 5 days as suggested.

Thanks Again

Lee

No worries, I went through months of non-feeding hell with my snow, Diamond Lil. I had to syringe feed her puree-ed mouse until she took live pinks, and now she's a good f/t feeder. Most snakes will eat if you get the conditions right, maybe ask how yours was fed before? Most will take a nice warm pink if they are left overnight in a small container. Good luck.

Back