• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help Urgent possible sliver

snowboardmoose

My corn about 2 years old has some aspen bedding in her mouth and when I try to get it out it seems to be stuck into her what should I do?

Never mind It was just in her throat but she also has a bad shedding problem which meens her skin never comes off when shedding and she never eats.

Wow. I must have missed this the other day. Tell us more about what is going on with your snake and if you need more help, we can try to help you. I hope she's doing better now.

SnowBoardMoose,

I don't know what you use for a water bowl but a deli cup with a hole cut in the lid works great as a combination water dish and shedding aid. Having a lid on the top helps increase the humidity(within the water dish) and is a private, secluded area for the snake to soak in. When your snake gets bigger, you can use/recycle a butter container or something similar to replace the deli cup. I personally use a cookie dough tub as it is short and wide, which fits nicely into my current viv setup. Just make sure that you sand the edges of the hole you cut in the lid with 220 or finer sandpaper so there are no rough spots for your snake's belly to catch on. My snake loves soaking in her tub and has always smoothly shed in one piece. *knocks on wood*

Hope this helps with Medusa's shedding issues!

SnowBoardMoose,

I don't know what you use for a water bowl but a deli cup with a hole cut in the lid works great as a combination water dish and shedding aid. Having a lid on the top helps increase the humidity(within the water dish) and is a private, secluded area for the snake to soak in. When your snake gets bigger, you can use/recycle a butter container or something similar to replace the deli cup. I personally use a cookie dough tub as it is short and wide, which fits nicely into my current viv setup. Just make sure that you sand the edges of the hole you cut in the lid with 220 or finer sandpaper so there are no rough spots for your snake's belly to catch on. My snake loves soaking in her tub and has always smoothly shed in one piece. *knocks on wood*

Hope this helps with Medusa's shedding issues!

I've never heard this idea before. It's a good one, and obviously works for your snake, as yours uses it. Wow. Good idea.
SnowBoardMoose, let us know how things are going; would you? (I see you're just down the street from me, btw. I'm just in Hopkins.) So, is your snake doing any better? I would love to know, and possibly help if I can.

Just a quick addendum, make sure you only fill the deli cup/ butter tub halfway with water. That way the snake can keep part of themselves out of the water but still be secluded.
:)

Back