• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help with genetics on this one! Picture attahced

JarrodRandel

Does this look bubblegumish to anyone?

What genes should I expect? I dont know who the parents were and it was given to me as a "Bubblegum" and the picture doesnt fully depict how vibrant he is (extremely pink). I have seem some snakes people have claimed were "bubblegum" but looked like there was a fair amount of contrast between the different colors on the snake.

So I am just curious. (ignore the L.pyro pyro)

Attachments

• corn eating good res.jpg
    corn eating good res.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 194
  • corn wraps mouse king watches good qual.jpg
    corn wraps mouse king watches good qual.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 195
Are you talking about a bubblegum rat (which is a total mutt) or are you talking about a bubblegum snow corn?

Bubblegum Snow Corn

Yeah... sorry... I forgot there exist bubblegum rats as well...

I think I need to get some better pictures of him.

I was questioning his eye color as well... since they are red.

JarrodRandel said:
Yeah... sorry... I forgot there exist bubblegum rats as well...

I think I need to get some better pictures of him.

I was questioning his eye color as well... since they are red.

Snows corns are amels/albinos----their eyes are red.

hmm.. a side note.. mabey not a good idia to feed right beside a milk snake? :sidestep:

More Pictures...Help with ID again Bubblegum snow corn or not???

I added some pictures I took at lunchtime today. They might totally stink, but it was the best I could do. My subject was none too cooperative.

As for feeding him next to the Pyro... that pyro is such a little wimp, he is more curious and lives with other pyros so therefore not your typical ophiophagous Lampropeltis... Would I feed him next to my 4 foot long Cal King? Not a chance.

It was more or less to add color perspective to the photo.

ANYHOW... if these pictures help anyone identify whether this is TRULY a bubblegum snow corn, let me know.

His belly is yellow/white with no markings. Head slightly yellowish, body is shades of pink with some yellow mixed inbetween as you can see. I didnt color correct these pics and tried not to use a flash.

Here you go...

Thanks

Attachments

• good front view 35pct.jpg
    good front view 35pct.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 148
  • good head topo.jpg
    good head topo.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 149
  • side blurry.jpg
    side blurry.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 148
  • topo2 better.jpg
    topo2 better.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 146
  • in hand medium.jpg
    in hand medium.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 144
The snake looks like a bubblegum rat to me..but that's just my opinion.

As for the stuff about the milk....not even gonna bother

hmm.. a side note.. mabey not a good idia to feed right beside a milk snake?

Milk snake?? Where...??? Looks like an Arizona Mountain King... Nice, but I tend to think I would not feed a corn whilist a king is free roaming, but that is MHO...

I lean towards Chris's opinion.. Rat snake..

Regards... Tim of T and J

CMLReptiles said:
The snake looks like a bubblegum rat to me..but that's just my opinion.

As for the stuff about the milk....not even gonna bother
I agree, it looks like a bg rat. And I don't understand feeding any two snakes that close together, regardless of species. :shrugs:

So this thing is a mutt?

Would anyone consider breeding him to anything? Are there any decent possibilities in the potential offspring?

There are some genetics here... just not sure if they are amel, hypo, etc. etc...

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions...?

Also...

I have seen the BG rats with both RED and yellow/brown/hazel-ish colored eyes...

Anything noteworthy about the differences? Does red eye just mean possible het for amel?

I could be totally wrong.

Thanks again.

One more thing...

Well, I cant get the edit button to appear, dont know why, so I have to keep adding to the thread... sorry.

I meant higher possibility of het for albino or amel... (50% vs. 66% or 100%)

Right?

I can't be much help, since I don't work with rats. But BG rats are essentially mutts, and I think depending on who's working with what 'line', everyone has their own ingredients.

The only thing I'd breed it with would be a BG rat.

JarrodRandel said:
Would anyone consider breeding him to anything? Are there any decent possibilities in the potential offspring?
There are some genetics here... just not sure if they are amel, hypo, etc. etc...
Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions...?

Breed to a creamsicle.

CMLReptiles said:
bubblegum rat = an albino black rat/yellow rat hybrid.
creamsicle = an albino corn/emoryi hybrid
Yep, and the offspring would be 100% American Rat Snake. No getting screamed at for polluting the black rat gene pool, the yellow rat gene pool, the Great Plains gene pool or the corn snake gene pool.

I'd love one of the offspring, nice little fella I could call "Mutt". :grin01:

Back