• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help with hatchling ID please

jsschrei

Perpetual Learner
This is the third clutch where the mom has proven to carry a gene I didn't know she had. This pairing was a Female Lavender (no known hets then) x Male Hypo Lavender het amel and anery. This guy was the last out of the egg. Is he an Opal, of possibly and Hypo Opal?

The pics are just out of the egg, so pre-shed. Also, can someone help me with WHY he is one or the other (what do I look for that distinguishes the two?

Thanks in advance! I hope everyone is enjoying their baby season :)

Chai_Tingo_062511_Opal.jpg

Chai_Tingo_062511_OpalEye2.jpg

Chai_Tingo_062511_Opal_Lav2.jpg

Chai_Tingo_062511_Opal_Lav.jpg

Mom and Dad
Chai_Tingo_031111_cop_logo.jpg

Well, he has to be an opal, right? I can't tell if he's hypo. But OMG- look at your zig-zaggy little lavender!!!!! THAT is an amazing baby!!

I figure there is a very good chance of any random lavender being het amel or anery.

Well, he has to be an opal, right? I can't tell if he's hypo. But OMG- look at your zig-zaggy little lavender!!!!! THAT is an amazing baby!!

I figure there is a very good chance of any random lavender being het amel or anery.

Thanks Nanci! I tried looking at some of the photos of hypo opals on Ian's Viv. Maybe someone that's hatched them will respond. If she ended up being het amel, maybe she's hot some hypo stashed in there too :shrugs: I think it's opal.

The lavender is cute with his little pattern. The opal got some of the zigzag, but the lavender got alot. The other three lavs in the clutch don't have any.

Beautiful patterns on those babies. I am so jealous!!!:)

Thank you!

Back