• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help with Suction Cups

Karoni

Cornaholic
I am a suction cup novice, evidently.

I have two adult snakes that love to climb. So, I have three separate jungle vines suction cupped to the glass in both enclosures. They like to sit up there and pretend they are tree boas.

Unfortunately, the suction cups regularly come off and *plop!* goes the snake. So, yesterday, I spent twenty minutes hot gluing those suckers on. The first time a snake climbed on the vine, *plop!* went the snake. Aaaaaaaaargh!!! I had read that hot gluing worked, but maybe only for baby snakes.

Anyway, do you guys know if using aquarium sealant on the suction cups will really work? And, if so, how do I do it? Do I put the sealant around the suction cup or beneath it?

Thanks!

Hmmmmm that's crazy, I have the same thing and I have never had an issue. If Hot Glue didn't work, go big or stay home, go Gorilla Glue, it takes a while to dry (over night) but its strong stuff.

I've used a touch of filtered water on the back of suction cups to help them adhere to the glass surface, and made sure to press down firmly when placing decoration, then check for slippage by gently "wiggling." I'm assuming you've already tried something like this, though. I've read in a few places that sealant can be used in vivs, so I think this might work so long as the material isn't toxic to corns, but I'll defer to senior members for a definitive answer, since I'm new still. Good luck! I hope you find your solution!

Back