• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help

pipatic

give me your corns
1.0 Butter Motley het. Stripe + 0.1 Caramel Motley het. Stripe & Amel
now i thought you couldnt have motley het stripe,???
what would be the come of this pairing please?

It is possible to have a Motley that is het Stripe.:)

Crossing a Butter Motley het Stripe with a Caramel Motley het Stripe & Amel could give you any one, or more, of the following:

Caramel Striped-Motley het Amel
Butter Striped-Motley
Caramel Stripe het Amel
Caramel Motley het Amel
Butter Stripe
Butter Motley

thank for your reply, i just thought the two dont mix,
i ve been offer the above corns, not cheap so , re-asuring my self before making the commitment

pipatic said:
thank for your reply, i just thought the two dont mix,
i ve been offer the above corns, not cheap so , re-asuring my self before making the commitment

Understood.:)
As stated earlier, a snake can carry both Motley and Stripe. It seems, however, that Motley is dominant over Stripe so, when a snake carries both (Motley and Stripe), they will have a Motley phenotype but, .. since their genotype is Motley and Stripe ... are capable of producing Stripes as well.
(Just some added info:) )

Motley and stripe are co-dominant, to an extent. It appears as though motley is slightly(or partially) dominant to the stripe gene, but they exist on the same allele. "motley het. stripe" is one term used to describe it. "Het. Motley and stripe" would be just as sufficient, because with both recessive genes, it is impossible to have a homozygous state.

The snake will show a phenotype that can range anywhere from perfect motley to fully striped...and any combination therein.

Some babies will be motley(two motely alleles), some will be stripe(two stripe alleles), some will be motley het. stripe(one motley allele, one stripe allele), but all three combinations will show a motley pattern to some degree...

Of course, if both snakes are motley het. stripe, all the babies will show motley, stripe, or motley het. stripe as the phenotype. In other words...a snake cannot be "het. motley + stripe" and still have a "normal" pattern. There are only two loci at the allele.

Back