• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Here she is ...

She is absolutely stunning! Can't argue with you at all!!! lol

What is she? super nice amel? Reverse Okeetee or is she Flourescent orange? (looks Flour to me! lol)

Whatever she is, she's a WINNER!!! :cheers:

Ive no idea, someone said normal and her colors are brighter in the picture cause she shed a few days ago and the cameras flash. I do know shes a corn snake though hehehe

Other than the photo being blurry and abit saturated, she looks like a nice little Reverse Okeetee to me based on the other photo's I browsed thorugh in your photo album. :cheers:

Thats the best my crappy camera can do, but its better then the phone pictures. What makes someone a revearse okeete? I love her pattern where it "changed" in the middle....

lmdskychick said:
Thats the best my crappy camera can do, but its better then the phone pictures. What makes someone a revearse okeete? I love her pattern where it "changed" in the middle....

The reverse okeetee cornsnakes are amelanistic snakes that have the okeetee color and pattern. The black outlines in the blotches of the okeetee are replaced with broad white outlines in the reverse okeetee.

here is a picture of an adult:
http://www.moreptiles.com/reverse okeetee.htm

Nice lookin snake!

Ryan

ohhh I like that, someone had told me mine would lose her white, and she is a bit on the first half of her. Either way shes just so much fun to watch although a bit sassy.

Well she might lose a little white, but she will have white on her as an adult.

Also, she was sold to you as a "Normal" shes def. not a normal, good pick!

Ryan

She is gorgeous, but I do suspect a drop of kingsnake blood in it... the brightness, the shape of the saddles, the thick white borders... and the pattern in the neck (yes, flame me, so be it).

Blutengel said:
She is gorgeous, but I do suspect a drop of kingsnake blood in it... the brightness, the shape of the saddles, the thick white borders... and the pattern in the neck (yes, flame me, so be it).
:flames: I dunno about all that, Barbara. Hard to say from a blurry photo. Have you been smoking those viv decorations again? :grin01:

I wish I could see some better pics. She looks pretty darned cool. :)

I cant for the life of me get good pictures. The closer I get the brighter the colors appear and the more blur the further I get the less ability to see her :puke01:

We like to pick on Barbara (Blutengel), and call her "The Girl Who Cried Hybrid", but she may be on to something here (as opposed to just being on something ;) ). That snake does have an odd pattern, especially the saddle shapes. And her coloration is pretty vivid and strange for a young corn. Some of the corn x king amels have some crazy, almost artificial looking coloration. But I'm not convinced based on these photos alone. Use your camera's "macro" setting (usually a little flower), use flash, and take the photos in good lighting, and see what happens.

At any rate, that's a very pretty snake. :)

Roy Munson said:
We like to pick on Barbara (Blutengel), and call her "The Girl Who Cried Hybrid"
I didn't know we called her that.

I just thought that we liked to pick on her. :grin01:

regards,
jazz

lmdskychick said:
Is having a hybrid bad? Will it shorten her life? ill try to get better pictures once her lump is gone
There are people who don't like the idea of hybrids (the offspring of different species), but it won't harm your snake any. As far as health goes, it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. In fact, there are some who believe that hybrids are healthier (look up "hybrid vigor"). The only complication is if you intend to breed. Then you have to be very honest about what you're producing. And if your snake has king blood, you'd have to be extra vigilant during a breeding attempt as kings eat other snakes.

But I don't think you have to worry. Enjoy your beautiful snake. :)

Okay, Ive not much a opinion on hybrids from a hobbist view point. As long as if she ends up being one it wont shorten her life. As far as breeding. I doubt I will ever get to that point, between my other expensive hobbies I dont think it would be possible.

Back