• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heres an odd egg for ya

keisho25

Hey i was checking on my clutch of amel corns and there has been this egg that is litterally see through. I can peak right in and see the little guy. it seems to be developing good lots of veins still and now i got to see his/her head last night so i figure i would take and pic and see if anyone has ever encountered an egg like this. Thanks for looking
JC

Attachments

• Corn Egg.jpg
    Corn Egg.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 128
Lack of calcium is the reason for your see through effect which means mom probably needs some and didn't have enough to form properly calcified eggs. Other than that undercalcified lizard eggs have hatched in my experience so I assume the same is true for snakes.

Yep, lack of calcium. My entire first clutch was like that. That egg should hatch fine. All of mine survived and are quite healthy, aside from the ones that refuse to eat. It's actually really neat, because you can actually see the heart beating for a while before the snake really starts to form. Then you can see the patterns develop and such, and you can see them start to move around before they hatch! Good luck!

oh yeah but just a few have this. And the eggs are 55 days old. its really been pretty cool to watch them. This was her first clutch to ever have eggs that were this under calcified. Thanks for your input everyone.

Back