• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Herpstat ND or Herpstat?

tirevy

I'm seriously thinking about getting a herpstat for my corn and ball python. For my corn, should I get the ND, so I can lower her temp at night? Or should I just go with the regular one? (wrong site, but should I get the same for my BP?)

Thanks so much!

You don't need to drop the temp for the corn. I don't know about the BP. The ND has some nice features that the basic model does not have, though, such as high and low alarms. For not much more, you can have the extra features plus the ability to set a night drop temp in the future, if you want to. Using the night drop feature requires an additional probe, I believe.

I don't think the ND needs an additional probe, if I recall.

I was very happy with my standard Herpstat. The features of the ND ARE nice, though.

If you can afford it, why not? If you are on the fence with the money, the standard is still an excellent thermostat.

Oh- is it the regular _can_ do ND, but _does_ need an additional probe??

I have one standard, and a whole lot of NDs.

Back