• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

He's a shy little booger!

dryw1992

Hey guys, my baby corn is still not used to me, so i haven't handled him in about 5 days. Its coming up to feeding time so should i just go in and grab him quickly?
Also should i handle him everyday or just let him be alone for a while?
Thanks,
Dryw

I would not handle him at all until you've fed him a couple times. When it's time to feed, get everything ready- the deli cup out, the hot pink in the cup, and then just gently and quickly pick up the snake and put him in the deli cup. The less chasing him around his viv you do, the less upset he will get. After a couple meals, allowing 48-72 hours for digestion, then you can start handling him every day, for short periods. I'd start with five or ten minutes at a time, and put him away when he is behaving calmly, before he gets tired.

Thanks Nanci!
I fed him today and follow the steps you told me, He ate that pinky so fast! with 10 seconds of putting him in the cup, the snake didn't constrict, but thats ok for now. Later on, when he is more melow around me, i'll use the tongs so he constricts more.
Dryw

I always use tongs (needle nose pliers) so he associates tongs with feeding, not my hand...

I always use tongs (needle nose pliers) so he associates tongs with feeding, not my hand...

Yeah i didn't feed him with my hand, i put the pinky in the deli cup, then put the snake in the cup, this is because he isn't quite used to me, so i figured he might try to run away when he was in the cup, but eventually i will use the tongs.

Back