• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

He's missing

puffer123

I feel terrible. My baby snake has gone missing after less than 2 weeks as a new owner. I've searched the forums for tips on finding him and have 2 liters out with pinkies in them and heat sources available. He was in there this morning and is now gone, and I'm just completely puzzled. I know these guys are escape artists, but I had a secure lid with cage clamps and binder clips on it! I've gone around the entire lid to see how he could have gotten out and just can't seem to figure it out. Nice to know the little guy can outsmart me. :dunce: He's definitely not on the self his cage is on anymore, which really worries me. Its kind of far up for a baby to have fallen. Anyway, thanks for all the posts on the tips to find him. I'm going to try to search the room again and keep the cat as far away from being near the room as possible.

Have you thoroughly checked through the tank? I know sometimes they like to hide very well.... Good luck

yeah i had the same feeling and he was buried under the aspen. like all the way. lift the cage up and look at the bottom of the glass and see if hes there. i was nervous and i have a locking lid! he was buried so well that me moving the aspen didnt reveal him, only once i looked at the cage from the bottom.. good luck!

My corn likes to wedge itself in along the top of its aquarium under the lid, I think it likes the heat from the light.

Watch the cat. I can't tell you how many times. I have read stories of when the cat found the snake. They noticed the cat staring at area. ie bookshelf. Good luck and I sent ya a PM.

I once found a "missing" one wedged inside a hide, right at the top. Had stayed there while I emptied the tank to search it - twice - and kept out of sight for two weeks before peeking out one feeding night. Go through everything you've had in the tank and keep the lid on tight, just in case he really is still inside and you can't find him.

And keep an eye on the cat - they're very good at finding escapees.

mine has a water bowl with a little lip underneath. picked up the bowl, rinsed it out, and when i was putting it back in......surprise. he was under the bowl the whole time. check your hides very well!! good luck!

ya i would say check your hides. my little gurl found a hole that i didnt see in the bottom of the hide i made her of Styrofoam when i picked up the hide to see where she was i didnt see her i was searching everywhere in the tank. she had gotten up into this quarter size hole and then i seen in the mirror i have behind the tank that she was up in there.

Thank you all for all the tips and support. I've looked around the cage thoroughly and still haven't seen him. I'm going to keep looking around the room and maybe check the cage every hour or so to see if he's popped out. I feel like I've sifted through every aspen piece and have definitely checked around both hides. Thank you all very much again. I really hope he'll show up soon.

the one time i lost my corn (got critter cages for the lot of them after) it was less than 48 hours when i discovered her. it was completely dark in the room she was in and while everything in the house was completely quiet i was able to hear her messing around on high shelves (the same shelves her enclosure was on) trying to get to the frosted over window. it was weird to me. good luck in finding your little one!

Leim

Thanks! No sightings yet, but i'm still looking. I am terrified of the vent though. I covered it as soon as I realized he was missing, but before then he could have gone down. Cat has shown no sign of interest in the room, even when I carried her in to see if she would notice anything different. Either I have a very lazy cat, a very skilled snake, or he's moved on. I"m still looking hard though.

I had one corn get loose... she was living behind the bookcase apparently for those few days. Cat was the one that made me realise she was there.

Turn off the lights because the snake tends to be more active when it's dark. Then slide a towel under doorways to close cracks. Wait a few hours and check if he's moving around in the room.

Also remember to check corners, behind drawers, cabinets, etc., and under clothes.

I JUST FOUND HIM!!!!! He was in the bathtub. Have no idea how or why he winded up there, but thank god I found him. He was striking at everything, but managed to scoop him up and place him in a hopefully more secure tank for now. Should I try to give him a mouse tonight or wait?

Yay! Glad to hear you've found him! Firstly, make sure he gets water! When one of my hatchlings got out and I found him 2 days later, he drank for a solid 2 minutes. They can dehydrate pretty easily. I would probably wait a day or two and let him settle back in and de-stress before feeding. He's been on quite an adventure!

Glad you found him! Mine has hidden on me twice....both times he'd just completely buried himself in the aspen. Both times of course, I had no time to go on a snake hunt LOL Not a good feeling when they disappear!

Back