• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Het markers

wakeboarder

wakeboarder
I recently read a post about het markers and was wondering if there was one for lavender. I have a normal that is supposed to be het for lavender but I won't know for sure for 2 more years

you can't see het's!

maybe the sunkissed or blood markers are useful when you have to seperate a clutch with poss het's or something like that, but in most instances you have no chance to see anything without knowing the parents. No "safe" sunkissed marker is applicable (right word???) to "unknown" snakes like e.g. pet store purchases.

Agrees with the above! No 100% gaurentee on any het marker.. Only an educated guess if your the breeder of the adults..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

You've gotten some good responses.

While Matthew is right about Lav's having no het markers some breeders believe abberant patterns are common among Lav's. Only problem is they're not restricted to Lav's.

There's no het marker for lavender.

Although hets for lavender will show some typical coloring => more to deep red , bordeaux/lavender , not that sure I can pick up one out of a clutch but if you think or know it could be het lavender , it gives you more chance to be wright . I show you a HET strawberry LAVENDER

Attachments

• 20mrt07 020RS.jpg
    20mrt07 020RS.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 57
you can't see het's!

maybe the sunkissed or blood markers are useful when you have to seperate a clutch with poss het's or something like that, but in most instances you have no chance to see anything without knowing the parents. No "safe" sunkissed marker is applicable (right word???) to "unknown" snakes like e.g. pet store purchases.

Hets bloodred , you can sometimes separate them from none ones by checking the belly . A checkered belly with a white line in the middle CAN BE a sign to => het bloodred . If you have to choose in a clutch of poss hets and you find such one , 95% sure a het bloodred ( 5% for missing , sorry ) .

GOOD LUCK

Hets bloodred , you can sometimes separate them from none ones by checking the belly . A checkered belly with a white line in the middle CAN BE a sign to => het bloodred . If you have to choose in a clutch of poss hets and you find such one , 95% sure a het bloodred ( 5% for missing , sorry ) .

Ture, and typically on males.. Azteced animals can and usually have split belly patterns to boot.. Sometimes het lavender animals will show a ring neck at times just like a sunkissed het animal ( which don't always show ring necks eithier ). Sometimes blood hets will have a more diffussion showing through the sides of them but not always, especially when Upper Keys Corn genetics can cause a reduction of side pattern.. The list goes on and on, just buy from reputable breeder and your likely hood to get what you are looking for is greatly increased, but likely not gaureenteed..

There are way to many variables to rely on that could be caused by one or more things... So to look at an animal and just guess, well, thats about as good as the lotto..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back