• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heya!

bondiblue

Jundokan Iowa
Hello everyone! Just picked up my first bit of slithery goodness this morning. From looking at a few other sites, I'm about 90% sure she's an amelanistic morph. I picked the one with the darkest orange saddles I could find. Very pretty. :D Her name is Isabelle. "Izzy" for short. I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time on this site looking for various information being a first time reptile owner. See you guys around!

One thing I saw that I was unable to find was that I see people putting 1.0 or 0.1 or other decimal numbers next to their morph/pattern of snake in their sig. What does that number signify?

I believe that is for the sex of the animal. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. 1.0 means 1 male, 0.1 means one female, and if you see something like 1.2 it means 1 male and 2 females. I hope I got that right.

I snapped a couple of pics of my scared little Izzy tonight since she decided to come out.

Yay, she likes the driftwood!
snake1be6.jpg

What's going on up there?
snake2tx0.jpg

More exploring the new home.
snake3hz9.jpg

A little ledge she's taken a liking to.
snake4ov7.jpg

A bit blurry, but another spot she likes to sit. heh
snake6xq5.jpg

Niice, I've got an amel also, a bit bigger, I never knew her when she was that small. Mine is a nice animal and easy to care for.
Check out a better way to measure temperature, the dial things aren't very good. Try to find the temperature near where the snake would be(yeah, I saw the last pic).
But I would definitely leave the thermometers on the side of the viv for her to hang on, and get a non-blurry pic of that.

Not a motley, but a beautiful amel! My guess is that she will be absolutely gorgeous as she ages! Welcome and congratulations!

Back