• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi all and thanks...

shugmeistercat

Just thought I'd say I'd say hi as I'm new to the forum. I'd also like to say thank you for creating this website as it's full of useful information and everyone seems really helpful. I currently have two corns 1 amelanistic who is lovely and my new Miami who can be a bit grumpy and likes to strike whenever I go in her (?) vivarium (although does so a lot less since following some of the advice offered to others on this website - thank you).

welcome to the site :) great place for info! and it just takes time and handeling soon your miami wont do it any more! ( not sure if you do or dont ) but also helps if you feed in something other then the vivarium too :D

I hate geography, where is the Isle of Man???

You're welcome for the site, I was very instrumental in it's creation.

A snake only strikes and bite for two reasons, one is defence and the other is feeding.

Always hold the prey item by the tail with a pair of forceps. Don't ever let the snake associate your hand with food.

As the snake becomes more accustom to you and being handled, it will become calmer and less fearful. You didn't say the age of the snake but younger snakes are more likely to bite than older.

I hate geography, where is the Isle of Man???

You're welcome for the site, I was very instrumental in it's creation.

A snake only strikes and bite for two reasons, one is defence and the other is feeding.

Always hold the prey item by the tail with a pair of forceps. Don't ever let the snake associate your hand with food.

As the snake becomes more accustom to you and being handled, it will become calmer and less fearful. You didn't say the age of the snake but younger snakes are more likely to bite than older.

The Isle of Man is in the Irish sea between England and Ireland :)

Thanks all.

Inca is around 9-12 months old (they weren't too sure at the shop) and I've only had her around 5 weeks. The good news (for me at least) is she seems to be settling more and more each time I handle her now.

Back