• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi all

Quidam

Firstly, congrats on a really newbie-friendly site!

I've posted a couple of times with questions, so thought I'd give a brief into to myself.
My fiance and I got our first corn (amelanistic which we think is male - he has a very tapered tail!) called Draco 13 months ago. He's a pretty good snake for a first as he's never been a problem feeder, likes to be handled and is generally laid back (border-line lazy at times!)
We've just moved him into his final viv as he's reached 2 foot. We seem to have a problem with excessive humidity at the moment, but we hope that'll calm down once the tank settles.
We also have a 6-yr old border collie bitch (Willow) who I train for obedience competitions.
I've had loads of pets in the past but couldn't get a snake at home as my mum is phobic.
I'm 24 and studying zoology in Scotland, my fiance is the same age and studying biomedical sciences.
Hmmm, what else? I play the electric guitar and I love running!

Quidam

Welcome!!

I´m new here aswell.. but so far it´s only been GoooooooD!

have fun!! :wavey:

Welcome! This forum is really friendly. People are really informed (for the most part) & really accepting.

Post pictures!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you've already explored a bit

one thing I noticed about your post though that seemed a bit odd..
Quidam said:
My fiance and I got our first corn (amelanistic which we think is male - he has a very tapered tail!)
A snake with a very tapered tail after its vent is probably a female..
But to be sure you should probably get him/her probed.

Jessica

Welcome

Hey there! Welcome to the site. There is a lot of great things to learn here and lots of people to help answer questions you have. See you around!

GiantBlueberry said:
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you've already explored a bit

one thing I noticed about your post though that seemed a bit odd..

A snake with a very tapered tail after its vent is probably a female..
But to be sure you should probably get him/her probed.

Jessica

Ah, oh well. We don't want to breed from him (or her, but he's kinda become a he in our minds!) so it doesn't affect things :) thanks for pointing that out though... think I should re-read my books!

Quidam said:
Firstly, congrats on a really newbie-friendly site!

(amelanistic)

Just realised that I said he was amelanistic when he's actually anery. - not having much luck with my memory recently!

Back