• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi all

Spike

Just thought I'd pop a quick message here to introduce myself...I'm not actually Spike, my son's snake is. I'm Jay. I'm a weekend Dad and so therefore I am little more than a caretaker.... so any questions from me will probably be dictated by a 10 year old human or a 2 month old Corn snake (age approximate as being a noob I didn't ask the Reptile Centre the age at the time of buying, doh!)

Spike has so far delighted us both. Loves being handled, is feeding well, and is very curious and far more energetic than I imagined a snake would be (misconception was that Spike would disappear into a hide and only show himself when we were asleep).

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks to the administrators of this forum. I've been browsing for quite a while before joining and have found it interesting and of great value,

Jay

Hi Jay welcome to you, your son and Spike.

Alright, ask away! Any questions you have can be answered here.

Hi Jay, Son and Spikester!

If you ever feel like this :dunce: this :shrugs: or this :headbang:, just come here and ask. You'll get plenty of outstanding advice.

Stay around for some :cheers: and the occaisional :argue:, but they usually don't get too :angry01:. There's a lot of :-offtopic, but you can ignore all that easily enough or join in the fray :nyah:!

After a very short time, you'll be helping out newer newbies and they will give you this :bowdown: in return!

Welcome!

hey hiya

hey hiya and welcome to all 3of you
great forum i have to admit,
has helped me lots
would be great to see some photos

Congrats on the new snake purchase they are a great pet! You are lucky to have an active one. Give him a while and see how his behavior is in a few days most of mine explored a bit their first few days then got into a more normal schedule of hiding during the day and exploring at night when they think I am not looking.

Hi there Terrible Trio, can I call you that.
Welcome. One small bit of advice, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Ciao

Thanks to all for making us feel so welcome...

Rolandslf, I've consulted the two majority shareholders and both Son and Spike like the Terrible Trio so much I believe the younger human is designing a poster to sit on the wall behind Spike's tank...

Sanebedlam - Your forcaste is spot on! Spike has calmed down cosiderably...in fact,the most I've seen him do this week is move his head when I've peered into his hide...

Miss D Meanor... thanks, and I'm going to put some pics on shortly. So far my camera skills are a little off...

Thanks again to all

welcome.jpg

Back