• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi Everyone I'm Amanda :)

TigerLilyLeos

Mom of 2 and a Zoo
My Name is Amanda I live in Phoenix, Arizona with my Hubby, 2 kids, my Sister and her Hubby. They have 2 dogs (Chihuahuas yuck!). I have a mini zoo, 1 dog (lab/ shepherd mix) male, 5 ferrets (4 f, 1 m), 6 leopard geckos (5 f, 1 m), 2 Anoles (1 brown f, 1 Green m), 1 house geckos (1 f,1 m), 1 red eared slider (possibly male, unsure though), and tank of fish. and my most recent addition and the reason I'm here is my new Corn snake :) I'm not sure of the gender, I haven't had a chance to look yet, I believe it is a amelanistic it weighs either 5.1 or 5.4 grams (I forgot to write it down when I moved it to its cage, dummy me) I'll check again tomorrow before I feed it for the first time. Maybe I can get a estimate of its length too.

I have a couple questions,
1. how big do they have to be before you can use the tail tapering as a judge of sex?
2. and I can't remember what order the genders go in in the little 2:3:0 things is it male:female:unknown ? I think so but I just want to make sure I wanted to use it in my signature

Thank you everyone in advance, I think you all have beautiful snakes :)
Amanda

Here is a pic i took earlier... What morph do you think, I really don't know enough to be sure...

Attachments

• Cornsnake001.jpg
    Cornsnake001.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 61
Nice looking little amel. Welcome to the forum. Tons of info here, all you need to do is ask. You are correct on the gender numbers. Enjoy.

Thanks Everyone, I love her colors too, I think it might be female, she was crawling around a minute ago and i looked at her tail closer and I'm pretty sure it looked like a female, we have an adult male at school (not that the comparison is alot of help lol he's probably 5+ft long) but I know the shape differences, and it looks like a female, she's not very old though I think she's just a hatchling and I don't know how that changes as they age. I've watched Kathy Loves video several times and feel pretty confident about trying the popping method. May be tomorrow when I have her out.

You have a gorgous amel!! I love his/her colors!! have ya decided on a name yet?

No name yet I was waiting to figure out if its a male or female, maybe Ruby for a female...

Again thanks for all the replys, I took her (wishful thinking) out tonight, and her weight was 4.9 grams and length was @ 10.5 inches (so am I correct in thinking this is a hatchling??), and i took ventral pictures and tried popping her, nothing popped, but I wasn't sure how much pressure I didn't want to hurt her, her tail tapers right at the vent, It really didn't seem that there was any room for hemipens there but she's so small, I don't know... I counted scales from the vent to the tail and there were 70 pairs, so I guess I'll have to count the ones in front of the vent too and do the calculations at least I have a good pic for that. I fed her a 1.5 gram pinky and took lots of pictures so i'll post some later.

Thanks again

Oh that is a gorgeous Amel! So full of color, which is why I love Amels so much. Of course when I bought Zeke, my Amel, at the reptile store, they called Zeke just 'Albino'.

I mean he/she is lacking all the colors of a normal corn, but she's still gorgeous and just as beautiful as all the other types. I was so amazed to find out the different types, colors and breeds!

I have to admit, I might have many more in the future.

:D

Back