• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi everyone Im new

xspitfire469x

Hello everyone my name is chris. I am getting my corn snake in a few weeks but had a few questions. I might be ordering from south mountain reptiles but I was wondering if its worth the shipping and handling, or if it would be easier to buy a snake at a local store. Also I was thinking of buying frozen mice, but they are very costly and I am a little afraid that after I buy them My snake might keep refusing. I did check the forums, and people were saying that they refuse sometimes, but do they always eventually begin eating them?

Hi Chris, Yes to SMR worth it you wil know what you're getting and the sex; whereas from a 'store' you probably won't. You should be able to find frozen mice at local 'store'. Welcome, susang

Welcome aborad Chris!!!!I would recommend buying your mice in bulk off line.They seem to be alot nicer than the frozens,you get from pet stores.When a snake refuses there is normally a reason like bad temps,about to shed or even some are so picky they like their mice warm and totally dry and a list of other reasons;-)

Any thing you need to know ask or just read around the forums and you will have your ansewer.So have you decided on a morph yet?

Hi, i got my latest corn from SM at the Houston herp show. I actually got to visit w/ him and he is awesome. He will help you in getting set up and any other questions you have. It was really a cool experience to get to visit w/ him I learned a lot.

Good luck!!!

Welcome to the forum! Getting a snake from someone as established as SMR will mean that you should be getting a healthy, well-started hatchling that already takes thawed mice. It should also mean you'll have all the advice and support you need if there are any problems. Many snakes from pet stores are kept in less than ideal conditions, and often have mites or other health problems.

Welcome!
I would add that Don has just beautiful snakes.. What kind are you thinking of getting?

I might get a coral snow corn but im still uncertain, I have a few questions though, I want baby corn snake, are all of the snakes listed going to be at most a few months old? Or do I have to wait for the 2008 hatchlings?

I am sure that many people have plenty of 2007 born babies left. Unless it is listed as a 2006 or older, it was probably born within the last 6 months. I am sure any breeder you are looking at will be able to tell you the birthdate of their snakes.

I had got my corn snakes from da da dum from PetCo,I love them both and they are going so fast.I bought them in Sept 07 they are growing fast but are still babys.

Back