• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi everyone

Gurthee

Just joined tonight. Thanks for having me.

A little about myself huh? Well, I used to catch corns as kid down her in South Florida. Of course they were either red or yellow "rats" to us back then.
Mom never let me have a snake so my snake hunting buddies kept them.

Fast forward some 25+ years and now my 8 yr. old is fascinated by them. Of course she's been bugging me and mom for one for the past couple of months. Well, how better to get "my" snake than to get my daughter one for Christmas. :rofl: Of course it will be hers but we all know I'll be "helping" her take care of it.

I remember most of the routine but have been doing a lot of research over the past couple of months to make sure I/she is ready for it. Getting the tank set up now but still need a few missing pieces. Will have to wait until after the holidays to get the snake though.

The local pet stores are very limited in their choices and I haven't had any luck finding a local breeder so far, so I've been considering buying from an on-line breeder. Is this a wise thing to do?:shrugs:

There are a couple of sites/breeders that appear to be fairly respectable and their shipping methods look to be about as safe as you could expect.(overnight in a well packed bag-in-a-box, insulated, with hot and cold packs and stuffed with newspapers?):eek: I'd hate to travel like that, but does that sound right? I'd appreciate any hints or tips you might have in purchasing a snake. I'll peruse the FAQ's after this.

Anyways, that's where I'm at at the moment. Looking forward to getting my, er, my daughter's snake and getting back into the hobby.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Hi :wavey: welcome to the forum!

Depending on where you are at in Florida, there are several local breeders.

Just go to the home page of this forum, scroll down and you will see Serpenco, Susan Willis and others all in FL.

Back