• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hi Forum!!!!

fleapop

Hello all!!!
So I am kelsey and I have just joined this site because I have just rescued a cornsnake about 45 minutes ago from a house full of people whos ex-roommate moved out and just left the snake.
I have had a ball python before and am comfortable with snakes for the most part.
I just thought it would be nice to know of a group of people who I can communicate with about the snake :D
Thanks!!!
See you around! <3

tumblr_lqz1qlHFUb1qir6d3o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lqz1siwGK11qir6d3o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lqz1ulm73O1qir6d3o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lqz1xqBU7v1qir6d3o1_500.jpg

So the first three pictures are of Dolce (the name he came with) about 30 minutes ago. and the last one is from yesterday afternoon when i put him back into his cage after feeding him.

He is probably about 3-3.5 ft long.
Still unsure of me.
The last time he was handled was a month or more ago. I think probably longer since the girl i got him from was not the owner and the owner just left him at her house. I figure the owner probably didnt handle him too much if she just up and left him without caring what was to become of her snake.
He has made one small whitish poop with a black spot in it. idk if this is an actual poop or is it is what someone else called a Urate? i think thats how you spell it.

Anyways.....he is really gorgeous and I am happy to be able to give him a good home.

I havent held him yet, only moved him (when he was inside the ceramic buddah), into a smaller container to clean his cage (which was filthy btw, there were 3 SHEDDINGS IN IT!!!), and to feed him (in a giant rubber tub). Which is was trying to strike me when he was in before and after eating his mouse. so when i put him into the cage i covered him with a blanket and just slid him in by turning the tub on its side. I am sure he wasn't very thrilled. but i didn't really feel like getting bit and then having to figure out how to capture him if he happened to have gotten away after biting me. LMFAO. That would have been comical to some. not so fun for me or the snake. although i am sure all of my other animals would have thought it was the most amusing thing they have seen. ha.

Anyways!!!! If you have any advice on cornsnake handling for snakes who are scared or untame, i am open to hear/read all things.

I am going to wait about a week or so, (probably 5 days) until i try to pick him up.
I changed his water about 20 minutes ago after he hid in his buddah (which amazes me how his entire body can fit inside that thing), he was not happy about that at all. all i could hear was the rattling of his little tail. lol

Thanks for being here!!!!
-Kelsey

Yeah, all that stuff came with him, but he loves to climb on it. And I use it to move him around when going into the tank. Today I stuck my whole arm in the tank for about 10 minutes without him even rattling his tail!!! WOO!!!!PROGROSS IS AWESOME!

Back