• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi from Hickory, NC

dewfreek

Hi all, my name is Shawna and my husband is Jay. I have been lurking on the board for a few weeks now and posted once, but I thought I would officially introduce us. We just received our first corns today, YAY!! We now have a male classic and a female okeetee. We have three kids, two boys and one girl, our daughter is in the avatar holding a kingsnake. I work at a local science center and just didn't get enough time with the snakes at work, so we got our own. I have already decided that our next snake will be a Brazilian Rainbow Boa...yes, I know that snakes are an addiction and I am not fighting it! I will start a thread in the photo gallery with pictures of our new little ones. I do have one question for anyone in the area around Hickory. Does anyone know if there is a Herp club locally? Thanks in advance and I can't wait to get to know everyone!
Shawna

Congratulations on the new snakes! Yes, snakes are very addictive, but there are certainly far worse things you could be addicted to. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! I know there are worse addictions to have, I just wish others would feel that way. We have a bunch of snake haters in the family.

I'm sorry you have issues with family. My brother wants me to let him know as soon as I have my first clutch so he can buy one, I told him I would give him one free but he insists and wants me to show him how to set up, feed and everything else! Then again, most of our neighbors stopped talking to us once they found out we have snakes. I don't understand it, but I'm always glad to introduce the curious to my animals. I have a kid whose mom hates me now because her boy wants one of my snakes :)

Well, they'll either come around to accepting them or we'll just visit them instead of vise versa. lol

Welcome! I'm in school in Greensboro, and there aren't any herp clubs that I know of. I don't even know where there are shows!

I've tried to add photos to a post of the new snakes and can't sem to get it to work. It keeps saying that the photos are too big, I've even resized them and can't get them small enough. Any suggestions anyone?

Back