• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi from Texas

LoneArcher

Hello, another new snake owner here. Kind of an odd story, I wasn't planning on getting a snake...(Okay, how many times have you guys heard that before?)

I apologize in advance because this is kind of a long story. Anyway, last year my daughter decided she wanted a snake so she started researching various breeds and decided she wanted a corn snake. At the end of the school year she had made a considerable amount of cash from her grades and decided to buy a snake. She bought a beautiful Okeetee Corn that has turned out to be an excellent match for her.

After a while, she thought I might like to have a snake too (probably since I was so fascinated by hers) and started showing me different corns on breeder web sites. While I love snakes and really like corn snakes in particular, I decided not to get one. Pretty much the regular excuses, money, time, etc. You know how it is.

So the other day my wifes Mom catches a small snake in her front yard and keeps it to show to my daughter when we come over the next day. Lo and behold it turned out to be a baby corn snake. We were going to release it, really, but it was so cute that I decided to see if it would feed. Sure enough, the little thing took to feeding amazingly well and we had an extra tank sitting around so...we decided to keep it.

I'm no expert, just getting into this really, but scouring several sites and watching lots of videos, I'm pretty certain that our new addition is a Texas Corn Snake, pantherophis guttatus slowinskii. We don't know if its a male or a female yet, but I've named "him" Crowley. Little Crowley has been with us for about a week and a half now and is doing very well. I'm going to try to get some good photos in a few days and I'll post them if I do.

I have one photo on phone, let's see if I can make this work...

DFED9BDE-1672-4557-84E6-6C896B5FE8F7-650-000001245C8A8F6D.jpg

Back