• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hi from the uk, 1st time snake keeper

dannylill1981

hi all, found this forum by accident, but glad i registered and have been lurking around for the last few days.....lots of info anyway i digress,

my names danny, im 29 and a 1st time snake keeper i have 2 corns both about 3-4 months old, a male anerythristic (at least i think thats what he is) and a female which i were told was a carolina although looking at the pics on ians vivarium morph guide could easily be a okeetee or an ultramel.... so some help on that would be appreciated.......

any way heres some photos.....

Attachments

• Camera pics 160a.jpg
    Camera pics 160a.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Camera pics 164a.jpg
    Camera pics 164a.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Camera pics 165a.jpg
    Camera pics 165a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Camera pics 166a.jpg
    Camera pics 166a.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Camera pics 168a.jpg
    Camera pics 168a.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi Danny welcome to CS.com...Your first pic looks like a normal corn snake. I've seen some other "Carolina" corns posted by members from the UK; I'm going to assume the parents (or the line producing them) have a background that traces back to wild-caughts from the Carolinas here in the states, hence the name...

Your second is definitely not an anerythristic, and to be honest I'm not even sure it's a pure corn snake. Something about it looks "off" :shrugs:

Still pretty snakes :*)

hi chris, yeah over here there called carolinas, obv normal corn snakes, as for the 2nd thats a suprise as i bought it at a herp show/fair from a corn snake breeder who had loads, and is quite well known in the circles in the uk so i cant imagine i was sold a duff snake......

Hello dannylill1981,

Although I don't have input on what kind of corn you have, I do want to tell you that both are lovely...and WELCOME to this forum. If you're so inclined, you can learn so much here!

WELCOME.jpg

Back