• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi, new and looking to broden my knowledge with my Butter Stripe and Common

ReversingTime

ReversingTime
Hi, I am new to forum, just here looking for some advice and helpful information to help make me a better snake owner.
I've loved all kinds of animals my whole life and became a snake lover since 2007 when my son brought my interests into it (he was only 2!) He is a big avid reptile/animal lover, now he is 5. Since we live in the woods and my son's been bringing home all kinds of snakes, I thought I better not fight it, I better just join it.. I sure am glad I did and I LOVE it! We bought our first common corn in the fall of 08 and then we followed with a Cali King in 09. I thought I would work my way up to the next step in snakes. Needless to say, it didn't work out with the King. I tried my hardest, she was a beauty, but just kept musking non-stop. I couldn't get over the musking part. I love the rattleing of the tail. Maybe it was partially adopting her when she was already 4 and didn't have her since a baby. Not sure of the case, but it didn't work out. I decided to go back to Corns. I recently adopted a Butter Stripe Corn. It is a Beauty! The person I bought him off thought he was a caramel stripe, but I don't think he is because he has the pure red eyes, not brown/black like the caramel and very light like a banana. Am I right? The best thing is, I only paid $45 for him. Before I got him I researced and saw they cost anywhere from $225 to $300, and when I saw him and labled wrong and saw the price, I snatched him up! I am so happy with him. My other common corn is a very inquisit snake who likes to get in everybody elses business and has to know what is going on at all times! Oh did I forget to mention, him and my cat get along really well! They are like the best of friends,, anyone ever hear of that before?

smart and lucky find on the butter stripe. their very good lookin I always wanted one so bad but they are pricy congratz homie.

Here are the pictures, trying to repost since I lost the last ones

Here are the pictures that I lost, but trying to repost to show my butter Stripe see below -
IMAG0328.jpg

closeup.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

231.jpg

sideview.jpg

Yes I agree on the butter stripe, beautiful snake :D Corns are wonderful and addicting :D Welcome to the forum, were happy to have you ;)

Yup, you got yourself a beauty there! I love the color and the stripes are so unique! Of course, I'm a newbie so I'm just learning all the different varieties of corn snakes there are!

Back