• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

HI there,newbie and novice

miss_d_meanor

miss_d_meanor
Hi every one.....ive just joined today
I am in the north of scotland UK.
i am a complete novice and am greedily reading every bit of litrature i can find. i have wanted to own a corn for years and now i finally have one.
ive been told it is about 6 months old eve(my corn) is about 13 inches long and a beautiful color,
i am looking forward to reading as many threads as posible and looking for as much advice and tips as i can tho hats off to the store where she was purchased they took an hourtoexplain everything to me set the thermostats to the correct heat settings and showed me in the store how to set up the habitat and even supplied free 2 weeks pinkies.
i have a couple of beardies to that i have had for 2 years but i am looking forward to watching eve grow and develop personality,
btw the nameeve waschosen by my daughter! iwasgoing to call it kelllog

Hi :wavey: Welcome to the forum! I would love to see pics of Eve. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here, there are lots of knowledgeable and helpful people.

photo

can you advise
the more i look at the rtheads here the more i think they were wrong about eves age at the store she is about 12 inches long. she is acrimson by all accounts
iam really apprehensive about picking her up!
at the minute i am allowing her to aclimatise as we got her yesterday and she took off at top speed when the lid of the container came off and she shot across the bed and down the wall, took me 30 minutes to recapture and home her poor lil mite was stressed out. she has been around her habitat tho and checked out every corner in the middleof the night

Attachments

• corn_snake1.jpg
    corn_snake1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 37
  • lil eve onleg of jeans.jpg
    lil eve onleg of jeans.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 38
It is impossible to tell how old a snake is by its size.

She is a beautiful snake!

Being apprehensive is normal at first. But you will quickly get used to holding her as she gets used to being held. My advice is to have both you hands ready for her when you pick her up. Let her move from one hand to the other until she calms down.

I would give her a few days before trying to handle her again or feed.

Hi, welcome to the forums! Eve's gorgeous!

I'm guessing you haven't had her long, and this advice assumes you haven't fed her yet. If I'm wrong, and you got her a while ago, go ahead and pick her for short periods of time, probably no more than 10 or even 5 minutes at first, and she should start calming down in just a couple of days.

The general rule of thumb for handling a new snake is to let them settle in for at least 3 days. Some wait up to a week before handling and feeding. I'm somewhere in the middle, around 4 or 5 days. Once you've waited all that time she's ready for her first meal. You can take her out for a second or two just to see how she's doing, but try not to handle her too much right before her first meal. After that, and every meal, you have to wait yet another 2 to 3 days for her to digest. Finally, you can go ahead and handle her for a while, but make sure not to over do it the first time, so she won't stress.

Good luck with your new snake!!

Hi and welcome, Very pretty snake. Your baby could be six months old as mey pet shops and breeders do 'maintainance feeding' you should be feeding every 4-5 days. I am fairly certain she is a Normal/Classic. You should have a hide TP roller on each side cool and warm.
Most important you should not handle the new baby for about 4-5 days, You can take it out to be fed, but many don't do that, just let it get used to its surroundings. Hope this helps, susang

thank you

i bought eve yesterday, included in the package at the store was her feeding rota and she was last fedon 4th octover whichmeans she is due a feed tomorrow, should leave it for another day or two then or can i just put her in the feding tub feed her then put her back andleave her for 3 days or so, i woldnt lke t thinkshe wold starve.
thanks again everyone

She will be fine if she ate on the 4th give her time to settle in before you feed her. You don't want her getting overly stressed and having her regurge and a day or two more isn't that big of an issue. As far as feeding you are correct put her in the separate te tub let her eat then once she has eaten and the lump is at least a third to half way down her body you can return her to her cage. Either by gently lifting her and lowering her into her tank or just loweing the feed tub into the tank and letting her crawl out.

Back