• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hidding in the same spot!

Sunglow Cornsnake

Yellew and red, no dread.
I got my corn snake on march 8 (my birthday). I had my snake for about a week and a half. My corn has been acting weird. He is always hiding in the same spot! Once I woke up and I looked in the cage and he was in the spot. When I got home after school i realized that the snake had not moved from that spot! And when i hold him and put him back he will go in a hiding spot and then go the hiding spot he always go's to! Is this normal

p.s. the snake is about 1 year old.

I'm sure you have a favorite spot you like to hang out. So does your snake.
However there is a possiblity that it just doesn't like it's other hides, they might not be secure enough. If the snake can't touch both sides of the hide they tend not to use them.
Also just because you don't think the snake moves doesn't mean it's not going else where when you're not around.

Well I think he likes he's other hids. I seen him go in other hidding spots before and he feels good in there. Also i think that is his fav spot. It is under a box. he curls up and it is cool.

Thats the thing about snakes...they ain't human...
You try staying still for about 30 mins, when you move your stiff.. and not at your best...LOL..
Snakes can stay still in the same spot, for days. Then spring into life, no cramps, no stiffness, nothing...
They are the ultimate ambush predator....
Reptile muscle....MMMMMMMMM
Or it might like it there......LOL

No, the one i am useing is flat as paper and it has a sticky pad on the back so i can attach it to the glass of the tank.

Alrighty, well just so you know those are wildly innaccurate and for the good of your snake you really should get a probe thermometer. There's no telling how hot your set up might actually be then.

He is hiding in the cooler side of the cage because the warm side might be too warm for him. Also when you feed snakes the generally lay under the hot part so they can digest (at least mine do) for the first day or two. Once you've cooled down your cage a bit let us know if hes relaxed and cruising? Another thing is he might be spooked still from being moved, you sid you got him weeks ago? thers an acclimation period where he could eat, but he might still be scared of intrusion. Its scary having a Giant probing at you all day seeing if you've moved ;) if hes friendly or not. A giant mother teresa could be trying to prod me and i'd be scared, though i'd assume she would not hurt me.

Ok, the cool side is now 75 degrease F and the hot side is 84 degrease F. He still likes that same spot. But now, he seems to go to the hot spot and rest next to a box every 6:00 am.

You have the right temperatures. It is not any thing to get worried about, its perfectly normal my corn dose the same.

Most corns find one hide they prefer if you are really curious you could try swapping the hide to the opposite side of the tank and see if he follows it.

Back