• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hiding

Alfheim

Wannabe Norwegians
Amber is always hiding. If I take her out and handle her, when I put her back she may sit out for a bit, but then *zoop* right back into hiding. I would assume that is normal, but will there ever come a time when she'll just hang out, or am I doing something wrong?

When I first purchased mine, all he wanted to do was hide. He would hide under the substrate with his head poking out. I would only see him early in the morning, but after a week, he seemed a little more comfortable and now I can usually find him climbing and exploring more often. But you do have to remember that corns are more active during the night.

I think it is normal

Our little Sosa ( not so little at 3 feet lol ) used to hide all the time, he is only 9 months old now. Just recently we noticed, not this last feed but the one before that, he started staying out most of the time.

We are not sure if he just got too dang big to hide out in there all day lol, or he just got tired of not checking out the scenery but whatever the case, just now at 9 months is he out and about.

From what others suggest though, I would think it is a personal preference of the snake and most likely each is different...kind of like kids... I got one that is a morning person and another that is worse than Oscar the grouch when he has to get up lol.

They're nocturnal, and they take a while to get used to you. Its all perfectly normal. Corns hide most of the time even when they are used to you. (Especially the hatchings because thats what they would do in the wild.) The like to hide.

Back