• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

His first mouse

ninasnake

Hi everyone,

I fed him on monday, did not disturb him at all. I gave him a mouse one size smaller than he was used to, just to make it easier on him in the new environment.

Today he is out and about. It is friday. So it took him 4 days to digest it... a bit long dont you think?

I did not notice poop or smell yet. maybe he did not do it.

Is that normal? 4 days? I am thinking that we will have almost no time to spend with our snake if I am to feed him again on monday. :confused:

How old is he? My little guy will use the facilities after 2 or 3 days. The rule of thumb is to wait 48 hours after feeding to handle. This gives you a solid 3 days of handling if you are feeding every 5 days.

i also follow what airenlow said. 48 hours is plenty of time for my guy to digest. before you handle you should make sure the lump in his stomach, if its still there wait another day. what kind of bedding do you use? if you use a darker bedding like coconut shavings it can sometimes blend in to the shavings, making it hard to find.

Back