• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hiya

DuchessNeeka

Hello everyone! I've been kind of lurking around these boards for a couple of weeks now doing research on raising/caring for corn snakes... I figured it was about time that I introduce myself. My name is Veronica, I've pretty much grown up in the southern parts of Kentucky. Obviously growing up in the country... I'm used to handling all sorts of "critters" including snakes but I've never been a snake mommy so I'm really nervous about making sure my viv is up to standards and will provide an adequate home for him to live a full and happy life.

Anyway, as of today I am officially a mommy to a, in my opinion, gorgeous little male creamsicle motley that I've named Korben (Korben Dallas to be more specific... after my favorite movie).

Here's some pics of him.

My very first viewing of him...
55819838592737137097296.jpg

Very very brief handling for a super quick snapshot and inspection before putting him in his new home. He was super nervous and actively circling my hand which is why the image came out so blurry.
53024738592775938065864.jpg

He soon burrowed straight into the substrate and I didn't see him until several hours later where he was lounging in the hanging plant in the back corner of his viv.
26482938608183123235036.jpg

So that's my pretty new baby and I'm excited to watch him grow and see how his colors develop.

Veronica aka DuchessNeeka

Just wondering, because the breeder of mine said she is a year old, but she doesn't look much bigger than yours. Prior to her feeding on Friday, she was 21.6 grams. She eats well for me, so I'm guessing she's just small because the breeder said she was only getting a pinkie every two weeks. I'm following the Munson plan, so now she's getting two pinkies every 4-5 days; hoping she'll sprout-up. Anyway, enough about Soph, this is your thread. He's a great looking snake.

I haven't had a chance to weigh him yet since the scale I bought ended up being defective so I'm sending it back. I'll probably see if there is something at a local store so I can check his weight this weekend when I attempt his first feed with me.

Back