• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hmm lil newbie question

rastasheep

i am VERY new to this breeding and different strains and stuff, and i was just wondering what it was all about
what does the het mean? isit what the parents where of the natchling. say its a normal corn but the parents where normal and say snow, it would be het for snow?

tis all confusing :eek:

oh yer, and motley is that a dirreent strain of corn r is that the opposite to striped? as in patchy not lines?

oh and i have noticed all the 1.0 and 0.1 and all that before your snakes what does this mean?

if anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

thanks alot

russ

maybe these tutorials will help for starters..

This stuff makes my head spin...some people immediately grasp this genetics stuff, easy as pie apparently, then there's me, as I reread for about the tenth time, am sure glad there wont be a test on the subject. ;)

Maybe start with Serpwidgets,
Genetics Info & Tutorial...
http://serpwidgets.com/cornsnakes/g...wthread.php?s=&threadid=28&highlight=genetics

oh and i have noticed all the 1.0 and 0.1 and all that before your snakes what does this mean?
for example...
The group numbers when refering to reptiles in general such as (1.2.3) would mean 1 male, two females and three of undetermined sex/ unsexed. :)

Last edited:
Back