• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hmmm overactive amel

dragar

sammy snake begins with S
hi guys, i have an amel snake sammy and a blizzard snake diamond.

sammy has become very lively and always trying to get out. i dont thnk there has been a day in the last month or so that she hasnt tried to get out.

she is in a 4 ft viv and shes only about 4.5 ft atm so that isnt a problem and im always getting her out. im always rearranging her viv around so it looks new everytime for her and there is things for her to climb on and the temps are perfect.

the thing thats confusing me is there is posts in here of other ppls corns getting very lively in spring, now im in september in the uk which most certainly is not spring, in fact i tihnk its coming to autumn very soon. so i cant explain why she has become so lively in the last couple of months.

now i havent had either or my snakes sexed yet and due to this they are in different vivs (just in case) and diamond (blizzard corn) is a little more lively but no where near as lively as sammie. but diamond when you hold her is the definatly the fastest lol it just doesnt make much sense.

can anyone shed some light on why sammy may have become so active and trying to escape soo much?

thanks guys look forward to ya thoughts

lee

im always rearranging her viv around so it looks new everytime for her

This could be your problem ritght here. Some animals require constant change to refrain from getting bored (most birds and sugar gliders, for example), but snakes are different. Snakes would prefer things to remain the same and get stressed when they change. My amel is normally very relaxed, but after I clean her viv she gets "fidgety" for a couple of hours and won't stay still. You might want to try leaving your Sammy's vivarium set up alone for a week or two to see if she calms down.

It's the nature of the beast. I have yet to see one of my corns stop trying to escape. I look at the activity as a sign that they're healthy!

oh well thats a very good sign then if it is a sign that she is healthy....

now i also have a blizzard that doesnt move as much but they both seem fairly happy...

aww bless i think sammy wore herself out, she has now gone into her log and is very still so im guessing shes asleep bless

I'm sure Sammy is absolutely fine. But I would second post #2, try doing as Raiyne suggests and leave the vivarium as it is for a while, to see if s/he calms down. If I move anything at all in my snakes's viv, he moves it back again, or at least tries to, and makes a hell of a mess in the process.

It could just be a new behaviour trait, or maybe Sammy only did this at night before, so you never saw it? In any case, I wouldn't worry at all :)

Back