• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hmmm...

Snakes&Scapulars

Does anyone think that there is any future in green anole breathing????? Becuase I was considering it (you know, becuase I might want to earn a little money and because I love the breed). Please no rude comments like "You shouldn't breed if you don't know anything, and breeding is super stressful on the lizards," Because although they may be true you have to understand that I have given this a considerable amount of thought and know what I am doing. I would appreciate tips but please answer the first question. Thanks in advance.v

Honestly I don't see anyone making money off of it if that is your goal. Green anoles are good beginner lizards, but they don't cost much even from the pet store. But if you want to try it because you love them, go ahead. I know they have a stall for "dragons" at the Renaissance Faire every year, and people love them.
I think you would make more money breeding a different type of reptile. But thats just my opinion!

Honestly I don't see anyone making money off of it if that is your goal. Green anoles are good beginner lizards, but they don't cost much even from the pet store. But if you want to try it because you love them, go ahead. I know they have a stall for "dragons" at the Renaissance Faire every year, and people love them.
I think you would make more money breeding a different type of reptile. But thats just my opinion!

Thanks so much! Thanks for being so nice. I want to breed corn snakes (although I would have to wait a few years because my snake is SUPER small and young) but my mom... (Need I say more? Ha ha, lol) Well what kind of reptile do you suggest? Do you think corns are good (my mom said when I reach a certain age I can do whatever I want with my money and I think it is worth the wait)? But I also have never bred any animal. Once my friend caught me a female anole after breeding season and I successfully hatched the egg she laid before we released her. But it died, it never really looked healthy and since we had her for at least three weeks after she laid it and she never laid another one I guessed that since it was probably one of her last it may not have been healthy.

I don't know much about green anoles...but I believe you mean green anole breeding? :) I was very confused about green anole breathing until I read on lol.

Ha ha ha!!! Thanks for pointing that out. I have no idea why I put that!!!!!! I am actually loling. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Thanks so much! Thanks for being so nice. I want to breed corn snakes (although I would have to wait a few years because my snake is SUPER small and young) but my mom... (Need I say more? Ha ha, lol) Well what kind of reptile do you suggest? Do you think corns are good (my mom said when I reach a certain age I can do whatever I want with my money and I think it is worth the wait)? But I also have never bred any animal. Once my friend caught me a female anole after breeding season and I successfully hatched the egg she laid before we released her. But it died, it never really looked healthy and since we had her for at least three weeks after she laid it and she never laid another one I guessed that since it was probably one of her last it may not have been healthy.

Well I think that since you have never bred any type of animal before, you should start with something easy to keep and that has a demand. Corns would be good, but it is my opinion that you should save your money and buy the types of morph that are in demand and would sell for a decent amount. Breeding only normals would not really get your anywhere, they are a dime a dozen. So perhaps you should consider your options and choose a morph you like (maybe lavenders or bloodreds... thats up to you). I wouldn't rush it too much and really research the breeding process before you jump into it! Of course you need to consider where you would be selling the babies too also - do you have a reptile expo near you that you could take the babies too? Or would you be trying to sell them to a pet store? Or just from your home?
There are so many things to consider!

Well I think that since you have never bred any type of animal before, you should start with something easy to keep and that has a demand. Corns would be good, but it is my opinion that you should save your money and buy the types of morph that are in demand and would sell for a decent amount. Breeding only normals would not really get your anywhere, they are a dime a dozen. So perhaps you should consider your options and choose a morph you like (maybe lavenders or bloodreds... thats up to you). I wouldn't rush it too much and really research the breeding process before you jump into it! Of course you need to consider where you would be selling the babies too also - do you have a reptile expo near you that you could take the babies too? Or would you be trying to sell them to a pet store? Or just from your home?
There are so many things to consider!
Hmmm... Yeah, I will consider all of that. I also think I will wait a little longer (like a year or two) before I try so I will know more about it. You have been very helpful.

If you do breed anoles to sell, just be aware that quite a few people like to use them as feeders or feeder scenters if they're having trouble getting certain snakes to eat. It would just be like breeding little green rodents, in my opinion.

Back