• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

holy ****! CRAZY

cellz

My snake went crazy last night when at feed time hasnt been fed for 1 week so was really hungrey it just start trying to eat my finger like it was a mouse OMG but i washed my hands in DOVE SOAP then i decided to put some leather gloves on and no problem at all could it be the soap?

I had this problem when they were first babys now there about 1 year and 5 month old i think so its worrying me as i thought they calm down when they get older? it didnt hurt just felt like a little pin but it made me panic as ive owned 4 snakes b4 these 2 corns and had no probs ;\

btw does a adult corn 4/5 ft hurt when it bites im curious heh

thanks

Did you handle the mouse before the snake? Do you feed in or out of the enclosure? Things like that happen sometimes, you dont have to worry about them getting a taste for human flesh. What happened was that these snakes are largely instinctual, however in captivity they get conditioned for certain things. When you put those two together along with a strong feeding response you get a snake whose hungry, not afraid of you, but still acting largely on instinct. The simple ways to prevent things like this from happening are to not touch the mouse before the snake, or dont touch the snake at all. If you have to put the snake in a feeding container maybe 15 minutes before you feed so there is no scent involved, or get a small snake hook and use it to transfer it. Its all about conditioning the snake, which the key of that is to find a way to do something and keep to it, the snake will soon know and come to expect whats going to happen.

A bite from an adult will hurt, but I'm sure you've hurt yourself worse on accedent, like stubbing your toe or slapping a finger in the door. Its more shocking then anything.

i think i'm worse with hatchings as i know they are going to do it.
at least with adults is mostly spur of the moment and they just do it.

Back