• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Home made viv finally finished

Navbouy24

DSC_4848 by nwarren51, on Flickr
At last finally finished,made with one inch solid oak,uth with therm and probe.
Aluminium runners with acrylic doors.
Lots of hides,snake seems happy,he spends most of his time in his vines anyway.
It measures 44x20x15,hopefully plenty big enough.

Navbouy, how did you secure your vines from top to bottom????? What kind did you use, where did you get them????? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I want some vines in my vivs.......................

Those vines I have bought at Petco and Petsmart. Everyone keeps telling me there are good ones at dollar stores, as well, but the ones around my place have horrid selection, so I'm going to hit up some craft stores!

AND, to the OP, WOW that is a spiffy looking tank!!!!
I will definitely have to consider that as a DIY project with a future animal!

Navbouy, how did you secure your vines from top to bottom????? What kind did you use, where did you get them????? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I want some vines in my vivs.......................

Hi embersmom,sorry it's taken a while,I used small round screw hooks straight into the wood,just poked the vines through.very easy to remove.
I purchased the vines at my local pet shop. Just the basic plastic kind,my corn loves winding himself up in them.
Thanks for everyones comments,I am well pleased with how the viv turned out,I've only got basic woodworking skills,just a matter of working out how it's going to go before you start.

That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you put the UTH under the wood bottom of the cage or is it applied to the side or is it inside the habitat? Also what did you use to water prook the interior? I'm currently researching on how to make 6 units like this but of varying sizes and this is exactly how I would like them to look. Beautiful job and I love the look of the oak versus melamine. Nicely done!

That is absolutely gorgeous! Did you put the UTH under the wood bottom of the cage or is it applied to the side or is it inside the habitat? Also what did you use to water prook the interior? I'm currently researching on how to make 6 units like this but of varying sizes and this is exactly how I would like them to look. Beautiful job and I love the look of the oak versus melamine. Nicely done!

Hi rusticreptiles,first of all thank you for your kind comments,also thank you to all of the other responders.
I placed the UTH on the bottom of the viv (inside),but I'm looking for a large tile,because the heater is starting to open up a glue joint.
As for waterproofing,just 4coats of water based varnish,with clear silicon to seal the joints.
Good luck with your viv build.

Thanks for the info. 4 coats! WOW! I guess I will have my work cut out for making 6 different vivs. Anyways, again beautiful job!

Back