• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Homemade Co2 Chamber (no flaming please)

Crimson.Dawn

The Dog Biscuit Addict
Unfortunately if you breed mice for your snakes, u will have to kill them before u feed them to ur animals. safer for the snake, less cruel to the mouse. Its a necessary evil, because where life leads death must also follow.

I in no way enjoy this part of it. But we decided to breed mice for the sake of saving money and had to build a Co2 chamber to gas them since its one of only two ways the ASPCA excepts as a humane form of euthanasia for mice. Figured I would post pics for those who wanted to try their hand at building one, and that's why its in the diy instead of the breeding foods section. its not a walk through just some pictures to get the idea..

Grand total was 14$ because I had an airbrush kit for tattoos that used co2 cartage's that I was able to modifies for the job.

So the shopping list was...
Cartridges of Co2 (the small ones)
15ft plastic aquarium tubing (and t-shaped conectors)
Small Tupperware or rubber made container
Superglue for the tubes and the t's
And something to trigger the Co2 in my case an airbrush (but u could just buy a large tank from walmart for 15$ and a threaded valve for 3$)

DSCF1986.jpg

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1988.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF1989.jpg

DSCF1990.jpg

...Hope it helps...

That's a great how-to post. I use cervical dislocation, but if I expanded the mouse farm that would be a handy device to build.

Great post, I too wonder about the tube coming out of the lid? Nicely done and cheap too!!

Good idea. Freezing is cruel, and not everyone does cervical dislocation well, and done wrong it's cruel too. Whacking probably works (never tried it) but again, what if the animal isn't really dead immediately?

OK, so I'm a softy. I worked in a lab so I am OK with euthanizing animals, but I can't see having them being in pain in the process.

Very Handy!
What is the purpose of the tube on the lid?

we didnt want the other animals i have breathing it in or ourselves so its hooked to a five foot tube that goes out the window, it also lets the gas in without building pressure

Ty all

just go to walmart the have cheapest stuff in paintball gear that includes CO2

i know these because i have played paintball for 3 years now :)

Thanks for posting this. I'm just about to get back into breeding my own mice and rats and was trying to figure out the best way to do the dirty deed when needed. This helps a lot.

Back